• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009

You got that right. That whole "Da' Pink Father" and talking in third person scares the crap out of me. :nailbite:

Remove purple as necessary :laugh:

On a different note. For anyone that still believes in the magical powers of the .45 ACP ... or supports limiting magazine capacity ... or makes fun of anyone that carries reloads (New York or otherwise). Read this.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    WD: how many rounds per shooter at appleseed?

We lost the hockey championship. We were up 4-1 and blew it. They went undefeated the whole season. We were missing 2 good players, one to injury, one to beer. We crapped out in the third.

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    You got that right. That whole "Da' Pink Father" and talking in third person scares the crap out of me. :nailbite:

Remove purple as necessary :laugh:

On a different note. For anyone that still believes in the magical powers of the .45 ACP ... or supports limiting magazine capacity ... or makes fun of anyone that carries reloads (New York or otherwise). Read this.
    One can never have enough ammo in a fire fight. An old Lake County cop told me in the day, his first out weapon was a carbine rifle and now I see his reasoning why he was able to retired.

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer

That would be one to remember alright!

And now he carries 9mm. You know, that useless round. :D

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Dang Jedi, you get up this early just to get on the train?

:(
    si. train leaves at 4:57 from ec train station.
    jedi is here and waiting for it. jedi is sure it will be late again today like it is 15 out of 20 working days of the month. it's only one time once a week this early in the AM. maybe today jedi gets lucky. doubt it

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    That officer was right, after a firefight, it changes you. And most the time, you really think, that you cannot carry enough ammo, cause you realize how fast it can really go. Sitting on a range, taking your time and plinking, it can last while, but while hot lead is being launched at you, makes you fire just a little bit faster. Heck, even his shot placement was great, but pistol rounds are not great people stoppers, they are just easier to carry is all.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So we should really just carry our rifles around everywhere we go hu?

BTW what I found more impressive is that the BG had no drugs and still managed thru sheer will power to continue to function. Viking blood?

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Anyone here work at Nucor Kankakee? I will be starting work there soon (just put my 2 weeks in today). If I can find contacts that can speed up the process it'd be helpful, haven't yet done my physical, not sure what I need to do to get the background check and such going either.

Leaving tin mill?? :(

the only Qualk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Valpo
    anyone know what valpo blythes has in the way of stripped lowers and price? or complete ar s? co worker looking for something today before the wife knows haha

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    jedi having cereal n milk before getting on the train.
    in honor of wd jedi will talk in 3rd person all day today. LOL

:facepalm:

WD: how many rounds per shooter at appleseed?

Shooters are asked to bring 500 rounds. I am not sure if I have seen anyone go over 400 rounds though I am sure it happens. Personal experience for a two day Appleseed, most rounds fired 386 ... least rounds fired 342. I'm recalling those numbers from memory. I will check and amend the numbers if necessary. FYI, each AQT (course of fire that is shot for score .... how you earn a Rifleman patch) requires 40 rounds. Expect to shoot at least six AQT's at a two day Appleseed. The rest of the rounds are fired during instructional periods and sighting in.

It will also depend on how well you sorted out your equipment prior to the shoot. The amount of shooting and courses of fire are pretty consistent from AS to AS. It's the amount of sighting-in shots per shooter that varies the round count. If you are quick to pick up on ICM and can dial in quickly, your round count will be lower.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom