Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This thread has gotten boring. I'll just leave these links right here.

Hot Asian women : theCHIVE

you on some epic vacation or what? :dunno:

hu? what vacation?
    the burgers are for the meet & shoots.
    may = 32 burgers
    jun = 100 burgers
    jul = 75 burgers
    aug = 32 burger
    sep = 32 burgers
    oct = 32 burger
    nov = 16 burger

or 319 burger patties needed.
    which means about 13 boxes.

that btw is not counting the hot dogs we tend to eat 3 to 4 packs per outing.
    btw miejers has oscar meye dogs for .99 this week as well.

what did people think of the dogs thisast time? it was a new brand from aldias.
    i stopped bying bar-s this past year cause while they are cheap they yucky!! too salty.
    so i have been trying other brands at the $1 or under level.

if $$$$$ was not an issue then ball park for sure.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    An update on my life incase anyone cares :) last week I had a second phone interview for a utility position and I blew the conversation because I got nervous and couldnt relay how my experience in the army relates to the job.

Well a couple days letter I called back and told the lady I wanted to explain myself better, she told me she didnt have time but gave me her email. Well I wrote up the best damn thing explaining my experience that I could and im telling you it made me look like a bad ass.

Today she called me back to tell me they have approved me to go to the next step, a fsce to fsce interview :) I know I can pass that easy, and then i have the job.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    If Oscar Meyer is $1, that would work.

Well now because I know you like them I'm not getting them! :laugh:

I just bought 1 pack and will try them on the grill today.
    I think they are like the aldias ones that don't grill well.
    I liked these new ones from aldias in terms of 'salt level' (they were not salty) but they were very easy to 'break up' on the grill and did not grill well. But at .75 per pack I figured I try them and we might go with that for the Youth Day event. Not sure yet.

An update on my life incase anyone cares :) last week I had a second phone interview for a utility position and I blew the conversation because I got nervous and couldnt relay how my experience in the army relates to the job.

Well a couple days letter I called back and told the lady I wanted to explain myself better, she told me she didnt have time but gave me her email. Well I wrote up the best damn thing explaining my experience that I could and im telling you it made me look like a bad ass.

Today she called me back to tell me they have approved me to go to the next step, a fsce to fsce interview :) I know I can pass that easy, and then i have the job.
    :yesway:

& in other news...
    The freeze is done! Will be bring it back inside in a few.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point

That's awesome! Congrats

Raitekk

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   1
    Mar 9, 2013
    Northwest Indiana

Nice one man! Good luck! :rockwoot:

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    We stopped in gander mountain/gun world Saturday evening and I can definitely confirm, they have THOUSANDS of guns in stock, dozens of AR's included. Prices I noticed ranged from reasonable to high. Beretta 92a1 $600, ruger 10/22 $199 after $30 mail in rebate, but I saw a kahr cm9 like mine for $539! I paid $379 from zx guns last year. Only 22 I saw was 22wmr and in general they had lots of handgun ammo but all self defense, no cheapo paper punching stuff.

I did put a Remington 700vtr on layaway. Used, custom trigger, compensator, Burris scope, Harris bipod, sling, scope cover and ammo holder On the stock for $799, seemed fair

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI

Good luck on the job interview. If you want, there are a couple sites to help you get ready for the face to face. Even some for vets on how to better relate their military experience to the Civ side.
    If you go on Rangerup on facebook, they have some videos about vets getting hired, and some pointers as well.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Good luck on the job interview. If you want, there are a couple sites to help you get ready for the face to face. Even some for vets on how to better relate their military experience to the Civ side.
    If you go on Rangerup on facebook, they have some videos about vets getting hired, and some pointers as well.

Thanks!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    f***** a***** h***** meijers and the burger makers!!!
    they have the burgers 'on sale' for 13.99 right now.
    however the burger count is now 26 as oppose to 32 yet the box is the same!
    that's .54 cent per burger which is great but this is the sales price and afetr the say the price will go up to reg price of 17.99-18.99 which is last years price but **NOT** last year qty!!!!!

ggggggggrrrrrrrrrr so f******* pissed at them right now.
    guess i now really have to defrost the freezer today and then buy the burgers for the rest of the season!
    oh well no long lazy monday.

It's called inflation. It's what happens when the gov decides to print a bunch of money.

Congrats. Sheet & Tin is the "rich side" of the mill. Dinner, Dan's treat!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not just some Senator ... :facepalm:

it's Lautenberg!

i dont knpw who that is. all senators are bad, just like all leos and all .gov.

@larry u r right i just took all therie boxes 18 of them. guess what i found 2 boxes of 32 burgers in the mix at the same price!!!! they indeed shrink the box

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Isn't it funny that Southlake Mall, which is anti-gun, has two stores that sell guns(Gander M ountain and Dicks) and three that are pro-carry(Tilted Kilt, Starbucks and Chik-fil-a) on their property?

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana

I kinda doubt that. If US Is anything like Mittal, you will have the face to face interview, then the physical. Then not one but two or three drug test. Then you will be on probation for the first 1040 hours. Which means the company can let you go at any time with no cause. And the union has no say in it. In fact you are not even a Union member til you are off probation. All this being said. If you keep out of trouble and ignore everything acteon tries to tell you, you should be just fine.....:yesway:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom