• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    TV, there's idiots all around us, I'm telling you from years of studying...

and depending on the day and how some of them feel they could be worst than others or better than them on a whim....

Back to your regularly scheduled INGO...

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Ahhh why am I awake. I passed out around 1am and dont have to be at my safety meeting at work until 11 yet I wake up hung over at 6:30....I was trying to skip the hangover by sleeping in. Ughh.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I'm awake... Only because the dogs figured out how to move the wood strip from the sliding door and let themselves out again. Woke up at 0615 to a 53 degree house. Sliding door wide open and the dogs curled up sleeping soundly.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Jedi, I just saw on WGN channel 9 news there is a new Legoland Discovery Center in Schaumburg,Il and the grand opening is tomorrow with star wars themes. Just incase you didn't know about this.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, I just saw on WGN channel 9 news there is a new Legoland Discovery Center in Schaumburg,Il and the grand opening is tomorrow with star wars themes. Just incase you didn't know about this.

oooohhhhhh did not know.
    Where?

There is a LEGO conference later this year in Schaumburg called BrickWorld
    Brickworld Registration

Take the kiddies they have a public expo day and it's :rockwoot:
    Also in Indy and Forth Wayne but those are smaller venues.

Do you know if it's close to the CheeseCake Factory in Schaumburg?
    DD wants to go to CheeseCake and I was thinking of taking her downtown for it. :(

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    D1A61612-C5CA-4BD1-BEA2-1A17BD737361-12297-000009D144BD3AA4.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Do they also have Playmobil at these
    events?

H**** F***** :nono:
    It is stricly 100% LEGO.
    The one in IL is the main one. It is a 3 to 4 day conference for Adult Fans of LEGO (AFoL) in which on Thr and Fri there are workshops and presentations and games and social events. On SAT and SUN it's the open to the public stuff along with The LEGO Company (at times) showcasing new product lines as well as evening games/events for conference attendies.

The one in Indy is more of a general open to the public expo. Never been to the one in Ft. Wayne but suspect it's like the Indy one.

AFOLs have 3 main conferences a year. East coast, West coast and Mid-west region. There are smaller events in-between in secondary cities (st. louis, kanas city, etc..) as well.

here are pics from the 2007 Brickworld in Wheeling, IL before it got real big and moved to Schamburg.
    Brickshelf Gallery - 2007 Wheeling IL

@Chef Larry

You can get more info on the discover center here:
    LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Chicago - Official Website

Looks like it's a mini LEGOLAND with all sort of activities for the kids.
    $68 for a family of 4 for the day at the "park".
    It's past O'hare which is what I really don't like. Not to mention in IL as well. :xmad:

I'm talking the kids to see The Cat In The Hat at the Apollo Theater, 2540 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, IL 60614 later this month and was thinking of going to Cheesecake factory at the watertower since they have American Girl and The LEGO Store right there as well.

Dreading have to drive to the Apollo and then to downtown. Just don't see anywhere else where a Cheesecake Factory is closer. :(

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Not true. There are many other species that will kill their own kind. Bears and one Lions both will.

From baldeagleinfo.com;

Sometimes two chicks will survive, but it is not uncommon for the older eaglet to kill the smaller one, especially if the older is a female, as females are consistently larger than males. Should one chick decide to kill its sibling, neither parent will make the slightest effort to stop the fratricide.

I'm guessing that these three eaglets I photographed a few years ago are all males. ;)

DSC_5618b.jpg

:D

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    H**** F***** :nono:
    It is stricly 100% LEGO.
    The one in IL is the main one. It is a 3 to 4 day conference for Adult Fans of LEGO (AFoL) in which on Thr and Fri there are workshops and presentations and games and social events. On SAT and SUN it's the open to the public stuff along with The LEGO Company (at times) showcasing new product lines as well as evening games/events for conference attendies.

The one in Indy is more of a general open to the public expo. Never been to the one in Ft. Wayne but suspect it's like the Indy one.

AFOLs have 3 main conferences a year. East coast, West coast and Mid-west region. There are smaller events in-between in secondary cities (st. louis, kanas city, etc..) as well.

here are pics from the 2007 Brickworld in Wheeling, IL before it got real big and moved to Schamburg.
    Brickshelf Gallery - 2007 Wheeling IL

@Chef Larry

You can get more info on the discover center here:
    LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Chicago - Official Website

Looks like it's a mini LEGOLAND with all sort of activities for the kids.
    $68 for a family of 4 for the day at the "park".
    It's past O'hare which is what I really don't like. Not to mention in IL as well. :xmad:

I'm talking the kids to see The Cat In The Hat at the Apollo Theater, 2540 North Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, IL 60614 later this month and was thinking of going to Cheesecake factory at the watertower since they have American Girl and The LEGO Store right there as well.

Dreading have to drive to the Apollo and then to downtown. Just don't see anywhere else where a Cheesecake Factory is closer. :(

Last summer the 8 yo grandson ordered over $25,000.00 of legos on the parents lap top, the credit card company called the SIL to confirm the order and the grandson was chewed out for his ordering and saved the SIL a big bill. Take the train instead of driving and show the kid how fun it is for a cab death ride in chicago traffic.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Last summer the 8 yo grandson ordered over $25,000.00 of legos on the parents lap top, the credit card company called the SIL to confirm the order and the grandson was chewed out for his ordering and saved the SIL a big bill. Take the train instead of driving and show the kid how fun it is for a cab death ride in chicago traffic.

Oh my son has over 10K worth of LEGO stuff in the "lego shopping cart" rigth now at home. I had to clean the cart out last night and told him to use the "wish list button" but I doubt he understands. The only reason I found out was because he asked yesterday how long does it take the mailman to deliver LEGO? He had put most of those items in on Monday and figured they should have/be arriving soon. Thank goodness I don't store my CC info with any of the companies!

The train is not really an option.
    I would have to take South Shore in then walk to the red line to take that to Fullerton stop then walk yet again to the teather. Cost of round trip south shore (2 adults + 2 kids) + CTA Metra > $10. Parking at the Apollo is $10 + say another $20 in gas. Just not worth the time and hassle of the double trains. When we go to Macy's for xmass we do the train or if it's just me and DD since I have a monthly pass and she is a free ride or 1/2 price.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    It's always good when you get a fresh one.

DUDE

I used to drive for CR England. One of their big customers is Nestle. When you pick up or drop a load at one one of their factories or whatever, they give you two free candy bars. I always choose Butterfingers if they had them. Fresh as you're gonna get them. Oh my god.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom