Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    What cookies? Did you not hear with these crazy times the price went up and you now got to pay in ammo. LOL

Pick up or Ican drop off at lougne if you go that way or perhpas drop off this weekend sunday/monday:

I'm ripping out my carpet and flooring tomorrow on 1st level. Will be painting and then on sat have new flooring installed. The house is a mess right now with all the furniture in the lower level and garage. The kids are freaking out cause Ikilled the internet as well since Ihad to move the pcs.

Either I can pick it up,
    or you can bring it to Blythes if you're going for the Valentine's shoot.

Clif45

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Lake Station
    well Ill grab gregs. if anyone else needs theirs from the cigar shop let me know and I will grab them. PM or text message will work the best since I dont check INGO when walking, just my email if I get a pm

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    @melensdad what no breakfast! Just picked up the paint at menards along with some cable raceway. Off to go home and begin to rip out the carpet.

@acteon,
    :nono: I dont plan on going to the v-shoot today. Ill try and drop them off this weekend. Have a lot on my plate right now both home and work. Going to be a very long work day tomorrow. T-star I'm even going to miss your train most likely. =(

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    So I plugged my MOS into Indiana career connect and it was supposed to show me "civilian equivalent" jobs.

77086482-9CE4-434C-8ABF-473B1EB112EB-11644-000008E343182FC5.jpg

It's times like this that make me feel like I'd have been better off going to prison for four years. Nothing can replace the pride and satisfaction that I have from my military service, but pride and satisfaction doesn't pay Nipsco, and it seems like employers could care less too.

This sucks.

I don't know, just thinking out loud.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    So I plugged my MOS into Indiana career connect and it was supposed to show me "civilian equivalent" jobs.

It's times like this that make me feel like I'd have been better off going to prison for four years. Nothing can replace the pride and satisfaction that I have from my military service, but pride and satisfaction doesn't pay Nipsco, and it seems like employers could care less too.

This sucks.

Yea, some jobs are better then others when you get out. However, there should be more then that, and some real jobs as well. I will see if I can find a better program for you, as i am getting out the Army now, and have TONS of information from Indiana.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well I'd hire a Vet in a heartbeat but the govment decided my last small business wasn't worth the paperwork to keep alive by going after big companies that didn't follow the TelCom act...

Joe send me your resume and I can always keep my eye out for you...

Never know what will come along...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Well I'd hire a Vet in a heartbeat but the govment decided my last small business wasn't worth the paperwork to keep alive by going after big companies that didn't follow the TelCom act...

Joe send me your resume and I can always keep my eye out for you...

Never know what will come along...

_-evile laugh--
    And oh so very soon they are going to tax you for not having medical insurrance as well.
    --end laugh--

Well the carpet is gone and the walls are painted 1st pass. Just have a few borders to still hit. Wow what an ugly floor underneath just plywood.

@wd
    I'm on moblie internet right now only. Home network is down as I am redoing the floor and will run new cable in raceways once the floor is in so I'm semi-offline right now.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

This sucks.

The main problem is.... in my opinion.....
    Civilians have no idea what they equate to.

For instance, in college I would get the "Oh, well, that was electronics in the NAVY. This is a bit more advanced."
    You mean more advanced than the control system on a nuclear reactor.
    You mean more advanced on a computer controlled weapons system that tracks and identifies over 60 different targets.
    Your right. Them damm civilian resistors are so much more smarter.

Or a Naval Carpenter.
    He doesn't know the code on houses.
    Well, teach him. He/She has already proved they can operate with little instruction, and can think on their own. They already know how to make the measurements and cuts right.

With calvary or infantry, stress the ability to think on your own. To carry out the bosses instructions without constant nagging.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom