• Status
    Not open for further replies.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    TV, you really can't beat it for the price... the quality is there and at half the price or better than any of the other top name ones...

Jedi, Number 2 please if I was into that type of thing...

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    WD, I'd take you up on the small bore offer, but I'm on call. No fun for me. I'm renting a stump grinder, and working in the yard.

No problem. It's been years since anyone has taken me up on a shooting offer ... here or at work. Come to think of it, it might have been Jedi for a Steel Plate Match. Maybe it was TS4 when he went to his first match (created a monster with that one ;)). I probably should be working on the "honey do" list as well but the fall weather and shooting matches are calling me out this month.

I did have another INGO member get back to me about sampling snubby holsters but that has been put on the backburner since she's pretty far away and it's nearly impossible to coordinate free time with my better half. Not to mention that my better half is old school and thinks it is odd that online strangers want to get together. I probably should have consulted with her first before making that offer. :rolleyes:

Speaking of weird offers, I'm looking to kick my fitness levels into a higher gear. I'll be floating some ideas out to the NWI INGO MSG for some weekly get-togethers ... walking, biking, or hiking that will also involve some other low level fitness activities (push/pull ups, sit ups, etc). Check your emails in the coming week.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I just woke up from my "nap"'. Took a nap shortly after I posted I may be there, and just woke up. I have to head out tomorrow to buy dog food, so I'm planning on stopping by tomorrow mid morning or early afternoon.

Notice the new tag? Lol! Wasn't me, only cuz someone beat me too it :D

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Weren't we discussing NFA purchases just a little while ago? ... something about a trust?

Funny thing, I just came across this today. I really, really want one. Assuming I am coming in at the "ground floor," what am I looking at for final cost (base price of $1275)???

1926_pd2171566_2.jpg

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I just woke up from my "nap"'. Took a nap shortly after I posted I may be there, and just woke up. I have to head out tomorrow to buy dog food, so I'm planning on stopping by tomorrow mid morning or early afternoon.

Before or after your nap? :popcorn:

:D

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Well it looks like a 200 dollar tax stamp on top of the cost of the gun...

Looks pretty cool though...

Your gonna want something on that front end though or some oven mittens...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    WD, I'd take you up on shooting, but work says otherwise. Work most weekends. Rotating shifts. Right now I have six 12 hour days, 1 day off, then back on 12s.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    WD, I'd take you up on shooting, but work says otherwise. Work most weekends. Rotating shifts. Right now I have six 12 hour days, 1 day off, then back on 12s.

I know the drill and I hear ya.

Well it looks like a 200 dollar tax stamp on top of the cost of the gun...

Looks pretty cool though...

Your gonna want something on that front end though or some oven mittens...

From previous discussions though, it sounds like I would have the added cost of creating a trust.

Yes sir ... it looks cool. That's why I like it. However, based on how the AK runs, I think you are correct about needing an oven mitt ... or welding gloves. Not sure about how the 7.62x39 ballistics would work out of that shorter barrel ... not to mention reliability. I've heard ARs can get finicky with barrels under 10 inches. Wouldn't mind giving it a test run though.

abphotos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    The Region
    Quick question: have you ever tried shipping gun parts through UPS Store? I just tried shipping a slide off from Crown Point to get refinished a couple days ago and had to take it all the way to the Hammond UPS - a bit of a trip for a hunk of metal.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Quick question: have you ever tried shipping gun parts through UPS Store? I just tried shipping a slide off from Crown Point to get refinished a couple days ago and had to take it all the way to the Hammond UPS - a bit of a trip for a hunk of metal.
    parts in general, yep, i tend to have whatever im shipping already boxed and ready to go though.. lest the "non company policy knowing snotnosed kids" fiddle with mah gun parts. :dunno:

abphotos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    The Region
    parts in general, yep, i tend to have whatever im shipping already boxed and ready to go though.. lest the "non company policy knowing snotnosed kids" fiddle with mah gun parts. :dunno:

I had the slide all packed up and ready to ship and the clerk asked me what was in the box so I answered truthfully. No guns, parts, or ammo. <womp womp>

jimbob488

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    MERRILLVILLE INDIANA
    long in the tooth

Glocks have gotten long in the tooth.
    They should come out with some single column 19 sized firearms
    add a manual safety and steel sights standard
    They need to lose all the plastic sights period

Status