• Status
    Not open for further replies.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I told the wife last night... I AM building my rifle after Christmas.

She doesn't get why I don't want to spend money on buying each OTHER Christmas presents... *sigh*.

Or for that matter buying other people presents. I'm just grateful to be alive and living "The dream".

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I told the wife last night... I AM building my rifle after Christmas.

She doesn't get why I don't want to spend money on buying each OTHER Christmas presents... *sigh*.

Or for that matter buying other people presents. I'm just grateful to be alive and living "The dream".

Hum... world ends in 4 days don't you know. Best to buy/build that rifle today. ;):D

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Just bought myself a new present.

The fixed stop version. I already have the other variants, never had the fixed stock, figured it was a good time to get one.

VZ2000_VZ58.JPG

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No, it really is a totally different beast. It doesn't pretend to be an AK, its the inbred mouth breathing overall wearing gangsta do-rag wearing north county AK lovers who want it to be like their guns.

hu? :dunno: Sorry you lost me with your southern inglish. :D
    Plus I have a major headache right now.

I do recall shooting the underfold once when you brought it a long time ago to the meet & shoots.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Hey I didn't get to shoot that... Still want to shoot the 6.5 Grendel too.... but I forsee the gun market getting more and more expensive and I might not get a chance to get that next AR version.... Oh well....

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Hey I didn't get to shoot that... Still want to shoot the 6.5 Grendel too.... but I forsee the gun market getting more and more expensive and I might not get a chance to get that next AR version.... Oh well....

But with the AR platform you can change calibers by simply changing the upper :rockwoot:

I think that is one of the biggest advantages to the AR platform. So if they ban new manufacture of AR lowers, you can simply have multiple uppers for each lower and therefore have a home defense carbine (9mm, 45acp, 223), a long range coyote gun (204 Ruger/223/6.5 Grendel), a big bore Hoosier deer thumper (458 Socom/50 Beowulf) and a long range deer gun for out of state hunts (6.5 Grendel, 25WSSM).

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ya that is one of the cool things about a AR... one of the reasons I got one... tooo....

Just wondering the AR 6.5 Grendel magazine is a standard size magazine for the 5.56 version of the platform but it is another actual magazine correct ?

If so then the Mossberg MVP which is designed to use the AR15 magazine with the original 223 barrel could be setup for 6.5 Grendel and still use the AR mags for that gun right ?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    The plastic follower on the 6.5 Grendel magazine is different. The feed lips may be slightly different too.

HOWEVER ...

I did some experimenting with feeding my 6.5 Grendels using not only specific 6.5 Grendel magazines, but also standard mil-spec magazines and also 6.8 SPC magazines. I had no issues interchanging the magazines as long as I was doing controlled rates of fire. Under rapid fire the last round or two might give you a hiccup, or not. But under normal fire I had no problems interchanging the magazines between the various calibers.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Sooo used in a bolt action like the Mossberg MVP rebarreled in 6.5 Grendel all should be good...

:facepalm:
    NO

They want all your weapons and the ability for you to fight back.
    You can give them ARs today.
    Tomorrow they will want handguns, which you will give.
    Day after next they will ask for revolver and single shot deer gun, etc...

I'm on a moblie right now and don't have the 'no one left' poem converted over to guns but iirc it goes...

First they came for the evil black rifles, I did not say anything cause I did not own an ar
    Next they came for the handguns, I did not say anything cause I did not own a handgun (I just hunt)
    Finally they came for my shotgun, and noone could help defend me cause no one had guns anymore.

You get the gist.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Ya, I'm not sure if Shilen or Krieger would make barrels for the MVP but it would be cool to be able to use AR mags to feed it...

I'm gonna try to get a look at a MVP they have at one of the LGS's and see if I can get a beta mag to fit with the thickness of the stock on the rifle...

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Ya, I'm not sure if Shilen or Krieger would make barrels for the MVP but it would be cool to be able to use AR mags to feed it...

I'm gonna try to get a look at a MVP they have at one of the LGS's and see if I can get a beta mag to fit with the thickness of the stock on the rifle...

Do they make the MVP in 7.62x39? If so then it should be as simple as a barrel change.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom