• Status
    Not open for further replies.

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    No ones perfect. Did you find what you were looking for at Blythes?

Everyone's gotta take a day off sometime. :D
    PRO-TIP: if your question doesn't pertain to a firearm, ask for the Hunting department. They handle holsters, ammo, mags, and all other accessories. Gun Counter handles firearms only.

I didn't make it to blythes I was at cabelas for like 3hrs. Like I said the main things I wasn't ecstatic about was they didn't give me an opportunity to search for a holster and didn't let me touch my own firearm. And I have reason to believe I wouldve found one for the fnx. Someone on ingo said they found one that fits that was made for another make/model.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    Kydex workshop

NWI Continuing Education-Kydex Workshop
    When: Sunday December 2, 2012
    Where: NWI 46342 (Address will be PM'd to members attending the night before)
    Time: 12:00-20:00

I will be ordering supply's for this workshop. So I need a head count and what you want to make so I have enough to go around. All the supply's will be sold at cost. I will not make a dime off this.

Things that can be made are IWB and OWB holster or mag pouches. You can also make knife sheaths and flashlight holder too.

Here's a list of supply's if you want to order your own stuff. It will also give you an ideal of what it will cost you to make your holsters. I will only sell the kydex in 12"x12" or 12"x24" sheets. It's up to you to use it wisely. Depending how good you are with the kydex you could possibly make 2 holsters with a 12x12 sheet or a holster and mag pouch.

Chicago Screws - Black Coated - #8 - (.1875 x .250) - 10 Pack
    Stock# KKCS-8250-BK-10
    SEE: QTY DISCOUNTS
    Price: $3.60
    Chicago Screws - Gun Metal - #8 - (.1875 x .250) - 10 Pack

Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™) - 100 Pack
    Stock# KYSR8-100
    Price: $12.95
    Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™)

KYDEX™ Sheet - Black - (.080)
    Stock# KYSHE08
    Price: $5.80

Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4 inch sheath rivets)
    Stock# HRSK8
    Price: $11.99
    Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4" sheath rivets)

I do have a hand setter but one more would be nice too have so there is no bottle necks.
    As for hand tools we should be good. We could use a extra toaster oven and a heat gun depending on the number of people.

Food
    Please bring some kind of finger food to share if you can. We can order some pizza if we start to get hunger. You may want to bring some thing to drink.

We will be doing these in my garage. I do have a torpedo heater so dress in layers.

If you would like to do this and have any questions please PM me with them so we are not tying up the NWI INGO break room. I will do a update on a daily basis. I will be posting this in the event section next week.

I will have to limit this workshop to 10 people.

Attendees

1. Melensdad

Last edited:

dansgotguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    Portage
    Kydex Workshop
    When: Sunday December 2, 2012
    Where: NWI 46342 (Address will be PM'd to members attending the night before)
    Time:*12:00-20:00

I will be ordering supply's for this workshop. So I need a head count and what you want to make so I have enough to go around. All the supply's will be sold at cost. I will not make a dime off this.

Things that can be made are IWB and OWB holster or mag pouches. You can also make knife sheaths and flashlight holder too.

Here's a list of supply's if you want to order your own stuff. It will also give you an ideal of what it will cost you to make your holsters. I will only sell the kydex in 12"x12" or 12"x24" sheets.*It's up to you to use it wisely.*Depending how good you are with the kydex you could possibly make 2 holsters with a 12x12 sheet or a holster and mag pouch.

Chicago Screws - Black Coated - #8 - (.1875 x .250) - 10 Pack
    Stock# KKCS-8250-BK-10
    Price: $3.60
    Chicago Screws - Gun Metal - #8 - (.1875 x .250) - 10 Pack
    Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™) - 100 Pack
    Stock# KYSR8-100
    Price: $12.95
    Eyelets - #8-8 (1/4) - Black Finish - (for .080 KYDEX™/HOLSTEX™)
    Stock# KYSHE08
    Price: $5.80
    Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4 inch sheath rivets)
    Stock# HRSK8
    Price: $11.99
    Hand Setter Kit - (#8) - (for 1/4" sheath rivets)

I do have a hand setter but one more would be nice too have so there is no bottle necks.
    As for hand tools we should be good. We could use a extra toaster oven and a heat gun depending on the number of people.

Food
    Please bring some kind of finger food to share if you can.*We can order some pizza if we start to get hunger. You may want to bring some thing to drink.

We will be doing these in my garage. I do have a torpedo heater so dress in layers.

If you would like to do this and have any questions please PM me with them so we are not tying up the NWI INGO break room. I will do a update on a daily basis. I will be posting this in the event section next week.*

I will have to limit this workshop to 10 people.*
    Attendees
    1.*
    2.*
    3.*
    4.*
    5.*
    6.*
    8.*

Me and my wife would go to.this but I have to be at a stupid ball for my army reserve unit that day :(

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Reminder bump . . .

Picture7-1.png

WE ARE GOING TO HAVE A CHARITY RAFFLE TO WIN A FLOOR ASHTRAY that is made out of a stack of cigar boxes. A glass ashtray is set into the top box. The ashtray was made for the "CIGARS FOR SOLDIERS" project. 100% of the proceeds from the raffle go to the "CIGARS FOR SOLDIERS" project which ships cigars overseas to our bases in the sandbox.

* Even if you don't smoke please buy at least a raffle ticket or two for the ashtray. If you win and don't want it then you can donate it back to the "CIGARS FOR SOLDIERS" project and we will raffle it off at our next event and that will DOUBLE the donation to the "CIGARS FOR SOLDIERS" project :yesway:

Pit Stop Smoke Shop's 1101 Cigar Lounge is having another Cigars & Guitars night on Thursday November 15. People have asked when we would invite the INGO crowd again so here it is! OPEN CARRY NIGHT at the 1101 Lounge. As usual: Cigars are optional. We don't put any pressure on non-smokers to smoke. Also, Open Carry is optional. CC is fine too! Gun talk is mandatory and it would be nice if you enjoy the guitar player that we feature.

The 1101 Lounge is located 1/4 mile west of US41 on the south side of US30.

Picture6-1.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom