Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yeah. :lmfao: where was he when I had hot brass in my shirt? :laugh:

Ummmm
    Helping an armed woman get hot brass out of her shirt while her armed man stands nearby.
    Yup. Can't see anything happening there.
    Move along folks.
    Nothing to see here.
    Just this body fell into a chalk line.
    :cool:

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    First rule, don't wear anything that turns your anatomy into a brass catcher if you know you're going shooting.

Second, you (or any so-called "gentlemen") don't have to "go in" after the brass. You just guess where it's at and grab it in a fist right through the shirt. If you are the recipient of the hot brass, you will not have to guess ... you'll know. You hold it until it cools off enough to retrieve it without burning a finger. The key is to get it off your skin quickly.

Most shooting instructors will give some guidance on grabbing downshirt brass. Some of the better instructors will bring an extra shirt/sweatshirt or two for any ladies that need to cover up the hot brass catcher. It might seem funny to watch someone do the hot brass dance but hot brass can scar the skin ... espcially from a rifle. ;)

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Ummmm
    Helping an armed woman get hot brass out of her shirt while her armed man stands nearby.
    Yup. Can't see anything happening there.
    Move along folks.
    Nothing to see here.
    Just this body fell into a chalk line.
    :cool:
    As he's standing there laughing at me too. jerks.

First rule, don't wear anything that turns your anatomy into a brass catcher if you know you're going shooting.

Second, you (or any so-called "gentlemen") don't have to "go in" after the brass. You just guess where it's at and grab it in a fist right through the shirt. If you are the recipient of the hot brass, you will not have to guess ... you'll know. You hold it until it cools off enough to retrieve it without burning a finger. The key is to get it off your skin quickly.

Most shooting instructors will give some guidance on grabbing downshirt brass. Some of the better instructors will bring an extra shirt/sweatshirt or two for any ladies that need to cover up the hot brass catcher. It might seem funny to watch someone do the hot brass dance but hot brass can scar the skin ... espcially from a rifle. ;)

I said it earlier, but maybe in the event thread. I reacted quickly enough that I got it off of my skin and out of the costume without burning myself. Fingers or anything else.

If you've (or anyone else) noticed, I am very good at making sure I wear range appropriate clothing, 99% of the time. The hot brass boogie is the punishment I get for being funny and wearing a pink costume for less then 30 minutes and firing two guns while wearing it. I figure one casing wasn't bad, considering I probably fired 20+ while wearing the costume.
    So. If anyone is percieving me as complaining about the hot brass in my shirt, please stop. I am not. I was laughing during the incident as well.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I had a hot brass incident also. I'm a guy, so pulling bottom of shirt out is good enough.
    But I didn't have an open neck shirt. Don't know how it got there.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom