• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Thanks. I had their CC back when they opened. I didn't like not being able pay online, I let it close. There is no way I could spend enough there to get the 5%, well I could, but I wouldn't live long enough to enjoy it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Thanks. I had their CC back when they opened. I didn't like not being able pay online, I let it close. There is no way I could spend enough there to get the 5%, well I could, but I wouldn't live long enough to enjoy it.

You **CAN** pay off the cc online now-a-days. I pay either with my checking or saving account each month in FULL.

This is the first year I managed to get the BLACK SIGNATURE statue. & that was only because all my utility bills are paid via the CC and we use the CC as oir gas card + food budget. It did 'help' that I put the disney vacation on it as well.

But this year will be the last year I use the card regularly. I'm going to get the disney chase cc and use that like Ido the cabelas (all utilities, etc...) and pay it off in full. We plan on going back to disney in 4 years and doing the number Ican end up with $1200 indisney reward pts using the card for 4 years like I did cabelas so that will help for that vacation.

I'll keep the cabelas for the 12 month interest free purchase and when Ibuy from them but it won't be used much anymore.

You would be suprised how much you spend per year on basic utitlties (phone, gas, power, car gas, car oil changes, etc).

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Getting first crack at the used guns would be the best.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying the SKS when it was 179, and I had the 20 off coupon.

Maybe I'll reapply for the CC. Get the $25 off, then add the $20 off coupon, then get 2% back... Hemmm.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Hell, even if I just bought my firearms related stuff on the CC it would add up to a nice amount at the end of the year..

Now that I think about it, Im gonna try to get one in my wife's name. Her credit isn't nearly as demolished as mine. Besides, I can pay the CC bill when I go to work. :D

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Getting first crack at the used guns would be the best.

Sometimes yes, just for the rare stuff, but most of the time the used prices are in line with the private sector. We have to wait 45 days for any kind of discount on used guns, because somebody abused the system in the past.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    You can pay the cabelas cc bill at the store now??? :dunno:
    That I was not aware of.
    Yeah I passed up on the sks at that price as well but I'm ok with it.
    Since I've been shooting the appleseed targets I've begun to like the precision shooting and like I will skip getting an AR Ido look forward to a heavy scar one day. So those $200 I saved on not gwtting an sks are ok with me. Beaides I already have an wasr.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    You can pay the cabelas cc bill at the store now??? :dunno:
    That I was not aware of.
    Yeah I passed up on the sks at that price as well but I'm ok with it.
    Since I've been shooting the appleseed targets I've begun to like the precision shooting and like I will skip getting an AR Ido look forward to a heavy scar one day. So those $200 I saved on not gwtting an sks are ok with me. Beaides I already have an wasr.

You can pay the bill, at the Club booth at the front of the store. Some guys buy the guns and ammo upstairs, then walk down to the club booth and pay off the balance in cash, just to get the points.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    So it's not just Cablea's purchases... A lot of utilities charge CC fees, like nipsco. :xmad: Rewards are useless if you don't pay in full every month. :spend:

I heard somebody was scooping up the good used stuff before anyone saw it.:shady:

I don't have an AK...yet.:smileak:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    oooohhhhhh my belly is full! Round the clock is good value for the amt of food you get.
    Waiter!!! Waiter!!! A pillow please!

The one on US30 . . . a few doors away from the Cigar Lounge? First, what the heck were you doing on the SOUTH side of the road. Second, you being on the SOUTH side of the road would explain why the lights were flickering and the world went slightly out of balance. Or were you up in Highland at THAT one?

Where did you get them from?
    And stop ending sentences with prepositions. Do they teach you grammar at those NORTH of 30 schools :dunno: :laugh:

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    You can pay the bill, at the Club booth at the front of the store. Some guys buy the guns and ammo upstairs, then walk down to the club booth and pay off the balance in cash, just to get the points.

They make you think you are saving the $.45 of a stamp, when they are making sure that you walk in the door once a month.:rolleyes: "While I'm here, I'll just take a quick look around.":spend:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So it's not just Cablea's purchases... A lot of utilities charge CC fees, like nipsco. :xmad: Rewards are useless if you don't pay in full every month. :spend:

I heard somebody was scooping up the good used stuff before anyone saw it.:shady:

I don't have an AK...yet.:smileak:
    Correct all your purchases get you reward pts but the % varies. At cabela's (store or online) you get more pts vs everywhere else where it's 1%.

Also correct that you need to see if the utilities will charge you a fee for using a CC or not. And determine if that is worth it or not based on your budget. For me fee = no use the CC.

Right now we use the cabela's cc as a "cash card".
    - copays at doc
    - gasoline card
    - food card
    - cellphone
    - car insurance
    - home insurance

If it's in our budget we will put it on the car and pay it in full.
    Not in the budget sry can't go on the card.
    In the 3 years since I have had the card 0 interest or late payments. It gets paid in full each month.

The one on US30 . . . a few doors away from the Cigar Lounge? First, what the heck were you doing on the SOUTH side of the road. Second, you being on the SOUTH side of the road would explain why the lights were flickering and the world went slightly out of balance. Or were you up in Highland at THAT one?

And stop ending sentences with prepositions. Do they teach you grammar at those NORTH of 30 schools :dunno: :laugh:

We go to the Highland one. Never been to the US-30 one. That is as you know SOUTH of US-30 and the bad lands. ;) Besides we would have stopped at the lounge and held up the place with this
    $T2eC16dHJF0E9nmFSz%291BQDh+Mkbr!~~60_35.JPG

as my son insisted on talking it in the van. :rolleyes:

They make you think you are saving the $.45 of a stamp, when they are making sure that you walk in the door once a month.:rolleyes: "While I'm here, I'll just take a quick look around.":spend:

:facepalm:

It's called self control!
    Plus I just buy online from cabela's and have it shipped to the store for the free shipping and then just pick it up and walk out of the store. The few times I go into the store it's

- cause someone else wants me to buy them ammo
    - to try on cloths

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    "It's called self control!"

Well why weren't you there to say that, the day repeter failed in his job of preventing my impulse purchases? And I put money down on a .308 Black Rain AR.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    We told him to let you buy it. We all want to see it at a M&S.

Springtime. I've gonna have the Ford, a credit card, and a small loan paid off this winter. I WAS going to buy then. I guess I'll pay a little til then. But definately spring.
    But T Star reserved 1st dibs.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Anybody looking for a job up in this neck of the woods. My RR has RTC (Rail Traffic Controller) positions listed on their website as of noon today. If interested I suggest you apply quickly, the listing don't normally stay up for more then a few days. What kind of experience do you need you ask? Last class had a butcher and 3 former Marines and a 911 dispatcher.

40 hrs a week, great benefits, great pay, but will be on call until seniority moves you up. Guaranteed 80 hours a paycheck due to a guarantee.

CN.ca is the website. Search for jobs in the United States.

Biggest downfall you'll have to work in IL. Homewood IL.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom