• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    Wondering if it's worth my time to head to a dnr range this late in the day. I think the one that makes the most sense would be willow slough because they're on central time. But I hate willow slough. Jp and winimac are on eastern time so they close an hour earlier.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Wondering if it's worth my time to head to a dnr range this late in the day. I think the one that makes the most sense would be willow slough because they're on central time. But I hate willow slough. Jp and winimac are on eastern time so they close an hour earlier.

You're up?! :scratch:

:D

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    So want that Challenger R/T Classic.

I might not be coming to as many M&S's next year, guys.lol

It's a sweet ride, but I would only be able to buy it as a second car. Not the best car to drive 25 miles in snow storms to get to work. And before I have two cars again I'd rather have a truck and a boat.

Still working on playing with finances to allow myself a nice boat again. Hopefully next year I'll have a nice boat in a slip on Lake Michigan. Then we could throw some NWI Lake Michigan fishing/cruising/swim days. Topped off with a afternoon BBQ on one of the boater beaches.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Work is 12 miles away from me.

I have an F150 2WD right now, which isn't exactly the most snow friendly vehicle either.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've been debating getting a Taurus SHO.

I wish Dodge would get rid of the 5speed in their v8s. Add a couple gears and a couple of mpg, and I would go for a Charger SRT8.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    yea, my 4x4 now isnt too bad in the snow, but I have to say, my Wrangler was probably the best 4x4 in the snow that i had ever owned. That thing was awesome for getting everywhere. Too bad it had such bad gas mileage, and couldnt fit anything in it when going shopping. Heck, would have to rent a vehicle for a meet and shoot, just to haul the firearms if I still had it. Glad that i have the truck now. (Although, still miss the Jeep)

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Do they make the challengers in awd? I know they make awd charger srt's
    Yup and then idiots put summer performance tires on them so they can slide on the snow all winter long.

BE CAREFUL with AWD. Some are good, some not so much.

For example: BMW's "X" drive system favors the rear wheels with roughly 80% of the power while the Audi "Quattro" system spreads the power to all 4 wheels. The last AWD Volvo SUV I owned favored the front wheels with roughly 65% of the power and my VW Touareg spreads around the power to all 4 corners. Not sure what the Dodge/Chrysler system does, but its worth checking into if looking for an all season vehicle. And clearly the tires are critical.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yup and then idiots put summer performance tires on them so they can slide on the snow all winter long.

BE CAREFUL with AWD. Some are good, some not so much.

For example: BMW's "X" drive system favors the rear wheels with roughly 80% of the power while the Audi "Quattro" system spreads the power to all 4 wheels. The last AWD Volvo SUV I owned favored the front wheels with roughly 65% of the power and my VW Touareg spreads around the power to all 4 corners. Not sure what the Dodge/Chrysler system does, but its worth checking into if looking for an all season vehicle. And clearly the tires are critical.

I put summer tires on my AWD Infinti G37. The key is I also have winter tires.

I very much prefer AWD, and will always get summer and winter tires. All-season tires pretty much suck at everything.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I put summer tires on my AWD Infinti G37. The key is I also have winter tires.

I very much prefer AWD, and will always get summer and winter tires. All-season tires pretty much suck at everything.

Yes I agree. But within the context of the thread we were talking about winter driving so I was referring to the idiots who put the summer performance ultra low profile tires on and then assume that AWD will compensate in the winter. Those people are true idiots.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Anyone see the youtube video of a bus driver giving an uppercut to an unruly passenger? I'd post a link, but its not working on my phone. Saw it on someone elses. Just type in "uppercut"

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yes I agree. But within the context of the thread we were talking about winter driving so I was referring to the idiots who put the summer performance ultra low profile tires on and then assume that AWD will compensate in the winter. Those people are true idiots.

Agreed:yesway:

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Anyone see the youtube video of a bus driver giving an uppercut to an unruly passenger? I'd post a link, but its not working on my phone. Saw it on someone elses. Just type in "uppercut"

I've seen that video, and she deserved it. Plain and simple.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom