Not open for further replies.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    My wife started car shopping this week. Today, she was given a quote for a new Genesis that was 16% over MSRP. I had read that dealers were up charging on new vehicles but had not seen any details about this. Yesterday, she test drove a new BMW and they gave her a proposal at MSRP. That now seems reasonable after today's experience. She has more cars on her list to look at so we'll just have to wait and see what shakes out.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    My wife started car shopping this week. Today, she was given a quote for a new Genesis that was 16% over MSRP. I had read that dealers were up charging on new vehicles but had not seen any details about this. Yesterday, she test drove a new BMW and they gave her a proposal at MSRP. That now seems reasonable after today's experience. She has more cars on her list to look at so we'll just have to wait and see what shakes out.
    Quite the swing from a Hyundai to a bimmer!!!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    After a flight change, storm delay, then a medical delay. 2am was not ideal to get home. Work should be fun today. I can only imagine the crash I'll have this afternoon.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Stopped at the Subaru dealer in Portage to look for an SUV for my son, who's Chrysler minivan is down for lack of a chip, going on two months.

They did not have one new vehicle available, and 90% of the stock they have coming in in the next 6 weeks is already sold. They did have several used ones available, for a big price.

I don't know how these dealerships are going to survive without stock to sell.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom