• Status
    Not open for further replies.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just an "attaboy" and a recommendation for a local business man- Dino's Dent Deception.

So, remember those strong winds we had a few weeks ago? My son was doing a favor for his Mom and went to get gas. Unfortunately, when he got of the van (2018 Chrysler Pacifica), he lost his grip on the door and thee wind flung it into the post by the gas pump. Luckily, it was plastic covered (the post), but it made dent at a body line and a shallow crease lower on the door. Here's a pic. It's tough to see the lower crease, but it's there.

dent.jpg

So, my wife got a couple of quotes from body shops....oof- almost $1500 to $1800.

Since the paint wasn't damaged, I thought of paintless dent removal ("PDR").

I found the business "Dino's Dent Deception." out of Merrillville. He'll travel anywhere in the Region and Chicago and maybe further if it's a big enough job. His estimate came in at well under 1/3 the lowest body shop price. He came out Saturday morning and in 2 hours, you can't tell the damage was ever there. He did it all though the window slot and other existing openings in the door. Didn't even have to remove the door panel.

I highly recommend him. Seems like a nice guy and certainly knows what he is doing. I don't have a "after" picture...but just imagine the door with no damage.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Moral of the story.

No good deed goes unpunished.:p

Edit..
    (Regarding the door ding)
    No comment about st snobland.
    Yup. When my mom had her RAV4, I wanted to surprise her by filling up the tank. While I was out, I stopped at the Walgreen's on 109th and Broadway to pick something up. As I was driving through the parking lot, a car started backing out of his space without checking and backed into me.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Yup. When my mom had her RAV4, I wanted to surprise her by filling up the tank. While I was out, I stopped at the Walgreen's on 109th and Broadway to pick something up. As I was driving through the parking lot, a car started backing out of his space without checking and backed into me.
    Well in YOUR case it's cause the gods hate "know it all tarts". ;)

Jedi has been driving like an old church going lady since borrowing jedi's dads rav4.

Jedi should have a new (to jedi) van tomorrow if all goes well today.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom