• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Me too. Those big concrete saucer chairs in the center area between the stores. I used to sit there waiting for my mom to shop when it was safe for a 10-yr-old girl to sit by herself in Calumet City (or anywhere, for that matter).
    It was probably more dangerous for kids back then than it is now.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    That's just parking? Admission not included? We used to ride the South Shore to Michigan City and take the kids to the zoo.
    Yep, just to park. It costs more than a family zoo membership! We only used the zoo lot for the zoo.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    More appropriate here because few will get it in the funny pic thread.

View attachment 197549
    Should post it else where to keep them guessing. I bought a Pocher 1931 Cadillac model at a hobby shop there for about $180 in the ‘80’s, a crap load of money for me to spend. Still have the model in the original box. I’m about 40 years closer to starting in on it!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    PT is the worst but I don't think I would have regained almost full range of motion without it. Except the booboo finger, but that's got mechanical(biomechanical?) reasons.

I never minded therapy.
    Except trying to do it 3 times a week, while working my weird schedule, and paying for it (copay).
    Then, there was the time I was off work doing it 3 times a week, and then it was a real pain paying the copay.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I never minded therapy.
    Except trying to do it 3 times a week, while working my weird schedule, and paying for it (copay).
    Then, there was the time I was off work doing it 3 times a week, and then it was a real pain paying the copay.
    Mine sucked. The surgeons had to cut out damaged tissue in my forearm and piece both bones back together with Ti plates and pins. I can still visibly see where there's missing muscle in my arm compared to the other. The majority of the PT was about range of motion so they'd warm it up with towels and compresses and then there was a lot of uncomfortable manual twisting and bending the wrist and hand.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    We used to ride the South Shore to Michigan City and take the kids to the zoo.
    When the kids were small they liked the train ride as much as the zoo. We would also take the train into Chicago for ball games at Comiskey & Wrigley.

The old South Shore trains had the seats that you could flip the backs over, they loved those.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    1651171858636.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom