• Status
    Not open for further replies.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Well, got the quote for the home repairs. 10k for new AC, Furnace, duct work, and new grounding. However if the new grounding does not work, then it will need new electrical, for an additional 16K.

I don't think the Seller will like my new counter offer...

dlandersson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Hammond
    Got rear-ended an hour ago. Taking wife and kid out to dinner. Heavy traffic and stopped. I'd guess ******* that hit us was doing 35mph.
    While waiting on tow truck and ride almost had another accident and then 10 minutes later a 3 car accident. Wife and kid were sitting on a bench while we waited on ride. 2 minutes after getting up off bench the 3rd car involved in 2nd accident jumped curb and hit the bench and building
    Biggest thing - you guys are all ok. :)

dlandersson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Hammond
    My usual garage wasn’t available, so on 14 July I took my Lexus into the local Lexus dealer (Lexus of Merrillville). On 30 July I had a catastrophic loss of engine oil pressure. Towed to a garage, the mechanic diagnosed and took pictures of the culprit. The Lexus technician had failed to removed the old oil gasket before installing the new one, so there were TWO gaskets where there should have been one. This happens occasionally, and usually the moment the car’s engine is turned on, the oil seal bursts and the oil dumps on the ground, so the garage knows to do it over. Occasionally, however, it doesn’t happen right away, and the oil seal bursts while you’re on the road. One would think that the oil change at the car dealer would be better, right? I certainly did. The thing is, at both Jiffy Lube and an upscale car dealer, oil changes are done by the newest, most junior person (usually). It’s one of the least complicated jobs, so the “new guys” do it everywhere - including in the military.
    You would think the car dealer would stand behind their work, right? That was my second thought, once I found out what the problem was. Actually no. I was told that the Lexus dealer did not feel 100% responsible, because I “did not take my car there every single time”, that I hadn’t had my” car towed there immediately” (the tow company took it to the closest affiliated garage) and that the repair was going to be 5–6k and they “didn’t want to pay it”.
    27 Aug - An attorney is sending them a letter.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    My usual garage wasn’t available, so on 14 July I took my Lexus into the local Lexus dealer (Lexus of Merrillville). On 30 July I had a catastrophic loss of engine oil pressure. Towed to a garage, the mechanic diagnosed and took pictures of the culprit. The Lexus technician had failed to removed the old oil gasket before installing the new one, so there were TWO gaskets where there should have been one. This happens occasionally, and usually the moment the car’s engine is turned on, the oil seal bursts and the oil dumps on the ground, so the garage knows to do it over. Occasionally, however, it doesn’t happen right away, and the oil seal bursts while you’re on the road. One would think that the oil change at the car dealer would be better, right? I certainly did. The thing is, at both Jiffy Lube and an upscale car dealer, oil changes are done by the newest, most junior person (usually). It’s one of the least complicated jobs, so the “new guys” do it everywhere - including in the military.
    You would think the car dealer would stand behind their work, right? That was my second thought, once I found out what the problem was. Actually no. I was told that the Lexus dealer did not feel 100% responsible, because I “did not take my car there every single time”, that I hadn’t had my” car towed there immediately” (the tow company took it to the closest affiliated garage) and that the repair was going to be 5–6k and they “didn’t want to pay it”.
    That sucks. Lexus should be 100% liable

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    10k seems rather low but maybe jedi is reading it wrong.

10k is for the new duct work for the ac/furnace? Or is is a a NEW unit as in ac and furnance?
    10k is for the new AC, Furnace, duct work, and new grounding, all done at the same time, with the units they have in stock.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Took child #3 (daughter #2) off to Olivet Nazarene University to start her college career.

I almost killed myself moving that heavy college dorm furniture around, but managed to survive.

It's a good place and she should do fine.
    My parents met at Olivet back in, oh, 1953 or so.

Last edited:

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    You can't even get good actual mechanical work at a dealer let alone an oil change.

Toyota of Merrillville is the absolute worst we had to eventually get corporate involved. Bunch of hacks.

You should definitely try to get in bed with a local privately owned shop for your maintenance from now on.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It's time to sell that Lexus also
    he can't sell da Lexus!
    He is a NORTH of us30 thug who lives in hammond.
    Best city north of us30 since jedi calls it home.

Besides his ride looks like this...

254092d1343611401-the-norcal-official-fail-thread-donk.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom