Not open for further replies.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    It's a little late in the day but wanted to wish a happy Father's Day to all you dads, stepdads, grandfathers and father figures out there. My wife was feeling a little under the weather today so my son and I had lunch at Gino's in Dyer. The Manhattan was great and the steaks were as good as ever. Mounted a scope and cleaned another gun this afternoon and got the lawn mowed before the big heat comes back tomorrow.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I've got some weeds as tall as me in the back yard. Tried to weedwhack them Saturday but ran out of line right at the beginning. Going to try to get it done this morning before the heat.

I've got some kind of nurse from Abbvie coming today to show me how to give myself my Skyrizi injections, even though I did my first one last month on my own. I told her she didn't need to come, but she said it's part of the program, and if I don't cooperate with the program, my copay assistance will be in jeopardy. I guess I'd better cooperate if I want to keep getting it for free, ya think? These prices are for a 12-week dose.

1655725594015.png

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    . . . I've got some kind of nurse from Abbvie coming today to show me how to give myself my Skyrizi injections, even though I did my first one last month on my own. . . .
    I have been giving myself Humira injections and had to "learn how" in the doctor's office, under supervision.

After that I got calls from a Humira nurse 2x per month. Then it trailed off to 1x per month and I kept saying I really didn't need help but if I ever did I'd call. I simply stopped accepting the calls and got voicemails that I simply deleted. Now they don't bother me anymore.

I understand the initial training and help but the whole grief of ongoing baby sitting is not what a semi-responsible adult needs/wants. And while there may be many that do need help, it seems like there is "one size fits all" procedure that they follow and that makes no sense to me.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I have been giving myself Humira injections and had to "learn how" in the doctor's office, under supervision.

After that I got calls from a Humira nurse 2x per month. Then it trailed off to 1x per month and I kept saying I really didn't need help but if I ever did I'd call. I simply stopped accepting the calls and got voicemails that I simply deleted. Now they don't bother me anymore.

I understand the initial training and help but the whole grief of ongoing baby sitting is not what a semi-responsible adult needs/wants. And while there may be many that do need help, it seems like there is "one size fits all" procedure that they follow and that makes no sense to me.
    I was on Humira for a month or two, and I was pulled off from it too soon because of one of those nurse calls. She called and was asking me some questions, and I coughed a couple of times. I told her that I have had a chronic cough for years and it was nothing new, but she freaked out because one of the side effects of biologics is infection, particularly pneumonia. She reported the cough to my nurse practitioner, who yanked me off Humira immediately. I will never know if it would have helped me or not.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I've got some weeds as tall as me in the back yard. Tried to weedwhack them Saturday but ran out of line right at the beginning. Going to try to get it done this morning before the heat.

I've got some kind of nurse from Abbvie coming today to show me how to give myself my Skyrizi injections, even though I did my first one last month on my own. I told her she didn't need to come, but she said it's part of the program, and if I don't cooperate with the program, my copay assistance will be in jeopardy. I guess I'd better cooperate if I want to keep getting it for free, ya think? These prices are for a 12-week dose.

View attachment 206932
    Is this what you will pay for the 12 weeks or what the insurance will pay?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Is this what you will pay for the 12 weeks or what the insurance will pay?
    Not covered at all by insurance. Skyrizi is one of the rare drugs that has copay assistance ($0 copay) for people on medicare (I am because I'm on disability). I had to switch from Cimzia, which was working, because when I started medicare last year, my copay went from $0/month to $750/month.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Weedwhacking is done. It's not pretty, but it's all cut. I can rake it later.

Now to shower and get ready for the mandatory nurse visit. :rolleyes:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not covered at all by insurance. Skyrizi is one of the rare drugs that has copay assistance ($0 copay) for people on medicare (I am because I'm on disability). I had to switch from Cimzia, which was working, because when I started medicare last year, my copay went from $0/month to $750/month.
    :faint: wtf could afford it without help then?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom