NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    jedi made it back.
    The IL tollway was nice, clean, dry and salty. Traffic was moving ok.

80/94 once jedi hit Torrance Ave coming toward indiana was a mess and once on the Indiana side forget it nothing but wet, icey mess. Yups indiana never pre-salting.
    Trip to O'Hare was uneventful. Only bad road was my driveway.

Illinois Tollway was at the speed limit, or slightly above. Zero issues. Saw the aftermath of a minor accident but it barely slowed traffic.

My driveway was the worst part of drive and I almost slipped off the drive as I returned. Damn Indiana people and their lack of pre-salting!

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I Left Hammond at 4 and had to scrape the car. It was misting and would freeze as it hit. I had to spray washer fluid every 30 seconds or so to keep the windshield clear even with the heat on the windshield. The rear window was completely glazed over.

The roads were nor slippery at all, but I was on the lookout for black ice all the way.

PS. Yesterday was my last day of work for a while. I'm having my left knee replaced tomorrow morning.
    Good luck with your knee, hope it all goes well.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Indiana not salting well or at all is how I learned to drive in the snow. Have you seen Illinois people drive in the snow? It makes their clean road driving look almost competent.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Drove to Hobart tonight for a concert, was rather surprised how good the roads were. Left at 545 and came home just before midnight, not a single spin, slide or abs activation either way. Drove conservatively expecting ice at any time but zero issue.

Had graingers at the clock tower for dinner, first time There and it did not disappoint. Had a filet and T had the ribs, both were great
    My grandson is a cook there. The steak bites are good there.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I Left Hammond at 4 and had to scrape the car. It was misting and would freeze as it hit. I had to spray washer fluid every 30 seconds or so to keep the windshield clear even with the heat on the windshield. The rear window was completely glazed over.

The roads were nor slippery at all, but I was on the lookout for black ice all the way.

PS. Yesterday was my last day of work for a while. I'm having my left knee replaced tomorrow morning.
    Good luck with your knee replacement.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    This morning, Cabelas had the following items that are not normally in stock;

-Remington Golden Bullet 22LR - 1400 round buckets for $130

-Remington Thunderbolt 22LR - 500 round box for $43

-Winchester 244 ball powder (3 cans) for $32 each

Still plenty of ammo if you agree to the price. There are better deals online.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    The ice is melting off with the sun but temperatures are dropping to 15F by 5pm. Watch your step as there are still slick spots on a lot of walkways and parking lots, especially in the shade.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This morning, Cabelas had the following items that are not normally in stock;

-Remington Golden Bullet 22LR - 1400 round buckets for $130

-Remington Thunderbolt 22LR - 500 round box for $43

-Winchester 244 ball powder (3 cans) for $32 each

Still plenty of ammo if you agree to the price. There are better deals online.
    What about H335?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

need a ride?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Home from Notre Dame.

We had Dasha our Russian fencer here, who brought her medal from the North American Challenge. But also Hans, a student from Maylasia, who is a Junior at Noter Dame, stay with us. I took both of them to campus this afternoon. Classes start tomorrow. Hans is one of the best Foil fencers to ever come from the South Pacific and is a nice kid.

We also have Kobe, our part time foster son on an extended visit. Normally we have him 3 days a week, but he has been her for nearly 3 weeks because his grandmother, who has legal custody, has Covid and is unable to care for him. She is finally recovering after a pretty serious bout of Covid and probably will get him back sometime in the next 2 weeks if she continues to recover.

tempImageEBZ5O3.jpg

tempImage5vGm8N.jpg

tempImage2vKPb6.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom