NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    A few around retirement age that I know can't wait to move to one of those states. They don't like the winter here. Some claim it is better for their health
    And a few like their house and want to be around family and friends. I would miss the seasons and like the area around lake Michigan. Could be the reason there are a whole bunch of Illinois people who drive over here for the weekends.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Yikes. Vortex is letting their head get big. That's basically the same scope I had on that M1A I had that so many of you called ugly. I'm almost positive I paid less than that at the time.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well I guess I will just continue not getting fuel in IL at all costs strictly a pass through state. Seems a little grey to me…. And obviously it was to the person I was given the information from an il leo (I know they aren’t always right)
    That may be the way a good cop interprets the law. Let's hope you don't run into a REAL Illinois cop.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Well I guess I will just continue not getting fuel in IL at all costs strictly a pass through state. Seems a little grey to me…. And obviously it was to the person I was given the information from an il leo (I know they aren’t always right)
    It is not grey at all.

The law only allows you to get out of the car with the gun for the purpose of putting the gun into another locked area (your trunk).

And in many areas (the wide expanse of gun free zones like hospital parking lots) you are NOT allowed to bring the gun onto the property at all.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    It is not grey at all.

The law only allows you to get out of the car with the gun for the purpose of putting the gun into another locked area (your trunk).

And in many areas (the wide expanse of gun free zones like hospital parking lots) you are NOT allowed to bring the gun onto the property at all.
    It is grey because when walking around my car I could potentially ALWAYS be heading to the trunk to lock things up. And would be hard for anyone to prove otherwise. Short of them sitting there watching me from the start knowing I was carrying.

So by their law in order to pump gas assuming your trunk is the only lockable area. You would need to get out of the car lock your gun in the trunk pump gas unlock trunk get gun out then get back in the car? Seems like a lot of time unholstering and reholstering.

Edited to add

Disclaimer: just playing devils advocate not only do I avoid Illinois like the plague I will follow all state and local ordinances as the law is written.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom