NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I sliced up a roast and put it in the crock pot with a cup of bullion broth and a mess of onions. Cooked it all day and then served it open face on bread So yummy.
    What cut of roast do you like to use? I have been cooking mostly chuck roast lately since it seems to have the best sale prices.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    What cut of roast do you like to use? I have been cooking mostly chuck roast lately since it seems to have the best sale prices.
    This was a sirloin tip roast, I think. Very lean and has been tough for me in the past, so I just sliced it up into about 1/2" slices and cooked it to death.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Good morning to you all. It's my sleep in day but was still wide awake before 6am. Looks like it will be a good day to stay indoors and watch the NCAA.
    Morning Bill. More rain today? I left Mom's car and my truck out all day yesterday to wash off the salt from last week. They should be good and clean now, and I saved $10.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    Morning Bill. More rain today? I left Mom's car and my truck out all day yesterday to wash off the salt from last week. They should be good and clean now, and I saved $10.
    Rain through mid afternoon, low 40's, cloudy and breezy. That heavy rain yesterday probably did the trick on the vehicles.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Looks like rain all day today.

Started to clean out the garage, closets and crawl space. Going to be dropping off a NART load of "stuff" at the charity shop in Crown Point so they can sell it. If anyone wants some treasure, some of my junk will be going up for sale soon. Dropped off several bins full of baby clothes, infant diapers, etc at the charity shop downtown Lowell a couple days ago. This is going to be an ongoing process.

With rain today we might be able to pack up even more after we offload what we have. Amazing how stuff gathers up, sits unused for years, and we just let it fill the spaces we have.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

Started to clean out the garage, closets and crawl space. Going to be dropping off a NART load of "stuff" at the charity shop in Crown Point so they can sell it. If anyone wants some treasure, some of my junk will be going up for sale soon. Dropped off several bins full of baby clothes, infant diapers, etc at the charity shop downtown Lowell a couple days ago. This is going to be an ongoing process.

With rain today we might be able to pack up even more after we offload what we have. Amazing how stuff gathers up, sits unused for years, and we just let it fill the spaces we have.
    We're on a cycle of if things are entering the house, things are leaving. We hand down his clothes to a gal at work whose boy is about 2 years younger. Toys have gone to his preschool and now kindergarten.

Other things go to the Portage Resale Shop. They have a late drop off shed.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

I just saw this on Facebook, in case you are so inclined.

1647701452795.png

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    We have taken a lot of stuff to Goodwill and donated furniture to Habitat for Humanity the past two years. I often feel like we are dumping at Goodwill but they rarely decline anything we take there. Habitat will come to the house and pick up furniture as long as it is in decent shape. You just have to schedule the pickup.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I just saw this on Facebook, in case you are so inclined.

View attachment 189218
    We try to give to the true charity shops. Not to Goodwill.

Goodwill is not actually a charity, it's boss/owner rakes in millions. At least according to the reports I've seen.

Our baby stuff usually goes to the Lutheran run non-profit in Lowell. This lady's ministry would certainly qualify but the baby stuff is gone. We will have more as he ages up. Kobe is currently in 18month old clothing and transitioning up to 2year old clothing

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom