NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If I die today I think I leave a positive splotch on the world.

The Junior Olympic Qualifier events for fencing happened in Indiana yesterday and in Illinois today. I am a coach for Saber. I do not coach Epee or Foil, but I do advise students (kids and adults) in all 3 weapons. I don't take or deserve any skill credit for any of the Epee or Foil students but it doesn't mean I don't help them. And I feel good tonight. Celebration good.

FWIW, I was at a different fencing event and was not with these kids when they won but they sent me updates as they progressed.
    • Yesterday one of my Saber fencers earned GOLD medal in the Indiana Junior Olympic "Junior Women's Saber" event.
    • Today one of my Saber fencers earned GOLD medal in the Illinois Junior Olympic "Cadet Women's Saber" event.
    • Today one of my Saber fencers earned GOLD medal in the Illinois Junior Olympic "Cadet Men's Saber" event.
    • Today one of my Saber fencers earned SILVER medal in the Illinois Junior Olympic "Junior Men's Saber" event.
    • Today one of "my" Epee fencers earned the GOLD medal in the Illinois Junior Olympic "Junior Women's Epee" event.
    • Today one of "my" Foil fencers earned the SILVER medal in the Illinois Junior Olympic "Junior Men's Foil" event.

I did have a Saber fencer, in the Illinois Junior Men's Saber event compete and not qualify. To qualify to attend the Junior Olympics a fencer must finish in the Top 3 spots, or attend and win another qualifying event. This young man has not been trained by me, but I have advised him and helped him over the past couple of years. I am saddened that he didn't make the cut, but he still has a chance next year.

So out of 7 students who attended, 6 qualified. Neither the Epee nor the Foil fencer would have ever even considered attending the event had it not been for me counseling them. I've introduced them to outside competitions, introduced them to higher level coaches, encouraged them in many ways.

Like I said, today is a celebration day for me. Very proud of these kids. Not many get to do what they will attempt.

The first three photos below are my Illinois Saber fencers. The last photo is a Foil fencer. I don't have photos from this weekend of the Indiana medalist or the Epee medalist.
    4B8BAE63-3817-490F-BD7F-1FE82140FB2F.jpeg80349489-5DD9-4C47-B37E-934EF49808A9.jpeg7E766C80-2209-420A-9A11-1F3EEC3748A5.jpeg4251E39B-DE34-41C9-9EF1-9A4128E53346.jpeg

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Huge shout out to @marvin02 and his wife for helping me with my tonneau cover. Looks great!
    5ce6b1c0c5ead1db5e2001666d56ba10.jpg
    49daa2605bcb1d6a3994803b40315c0a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A125U1 using Tapatalk
    Now I just have one more modification after I get a bit of body work done. Going to put this on the side, probably with a stripe. Something is telling me I posted this before, but whatever. Blame it on boomer brain.

1639966549146.png

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Could it be that the left have won?

I just saw a Menards commercial. they were advertising shelving and a man and woman were installing shelving and putting nick knacks and books on them.

OK, now for my point, the books were all placed with the bindings toward the wall. Is this some new thing? Am I the only one that fears that there are people that do not even know what a book is?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Need to go file my homestead exemption, since I refinanced, today or Wednesday. I wish PoCo would go online like Lake did.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

I just saw a Menards commercial. they were advertising shelving and a man and woman were installing shelving and putting nick knacks and books on them.

OK, now for my point, the books were all placed with the bindings toward the wall. Is this some new thing? Am I the only one that fears that there are people that do not even know what a book is?
    Sounds like some sort of subliminal message, but what? I can't see Menards going woke because they would lose too much of their base.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County

I didn't see the commercial but it could be that Menards didn't want to risk offending any snowflake viewers who might take offense to some of the book titles.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Sounds like some sort of subliminal message, but what? I can't see Menards going woke because they would lose too much of their base.
    Probably would have to pay royalties to the publishers if the titles were shown. Don't know for sure, but guessing that may be it...like using certain music is verboten.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom