NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    F05E61D9-8D27-4DD3-BE0B-8F0FF88EA9CB.jpeg
    County slid off the road into my neighbors yard last night, they sent the loader to pull him out, I’m not sure what they strapped to under the truck but they ripped it completely off. Stans ended up getting it out later with the semi wrecker

Have video, I’ll see if I can get it to load.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Not going to tell a long, drawn out story, but I left the office in Hammond last night at 5:45p headed for home south of Valpo. The trip from Merrillville to Valpo on U.S. 30, for the first time in the 11 years I've owned my truck, I wish I had 4wd. Yet, I got home fine. I don't buy $3,000 features for maybe 2 days a year.

Hough, I drove 2-wheel pickups for a long time, until one day I found myself trying to get up a slight hill on the ice, and could not make it, no matter what I did. Traded that one in on a Nissan Frontier, and never been without a four-wheeler since.

Lately, been driving the Subaru's, and can't say enough good about them. Much more comfortable, twice the gas mileage, and can handle just about anything the winter can dish out, and most important, STRESS FREE. I don't even think about 2 or 4 wheel drive - it's always on and always working.

You mention just for maybe 2 days a year. I ask you, what if something real bad (God forbid) happened to you on one of those 2 days? Would it be worth the cost savings? I think not.

And here's the best part: Fully Tax Deductible through your business! Keep your truck for when you need it, and enjoy the 500 watt stereo in your daily-driver Suby!

ps.: none of this is my place to suggest for you - just being lazy at work today.

IMG_2183 (3).jpg

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    County slid off the road into my neighbors yard last night, they sent the loader to pull him out, I’m not sure what they strapped to under the truck but they ripped it completely off. Stans ended up getting it out later with the semi wrecker

I do work for a lot of tow outfits, including Stan's, and they're all going to be needing many more invoices, etc....

$$ cha-cha ching $$

On the bad side, my graphic artist got hit in the rear-end on the 4 mile trip home from the shop yesterday, even though I sent them home after lunch. Some young driver not being careful enough. Sucks.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Hough, I drove 2-wheel pickups for a long time, until one day I found myself trying to get up a slight hill on the ice, and could not make it, no matter what I did. Traded that one in on a Nissan Frontier, and never been without a four-wheeler since.

Lately, been driving the Subaru's, and can't say enough good about them. Much more comfortable, twice the gas mileage, and can handle just about anything the winter can dish out, and most important, STRESS FREE. I don't even think about 2 or 4 wheel drive - it's always on and always working.

You mention just for maybe 2 days a year. I ask you, what if something real bad (God forbid) happened to you on one of those 2 days? Would it be worth the cost savings? I think not.

And here's the best part: Fully Tax Deductible through your business! Keep your truck for when you need it, and enjoy the 500 watt stereo in your daily-driver Suby!

ps.: none of this is my place to suggest for you - just being lazy at work today.

View attachment 182429

I have such a dilemma sometimes.

The truck sucks in snow. No matter if slush or 5 inches I have to have 4x4 locked at all times.

The SHO is the beast, but ground clearance is an issue...

The SHO is a cheap extraction if I ever went off the road.

The truck would be big $(aka favors cause my farmer buddy would get me)

The SHO has zero chances of getting out of a ditch.

The truck has huge advantage to get out of the ditch...

The truck I can pull people out...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    View attachment 182426

Have video, I’ll see if I can get it to load.

Well, when you don't want to pay the trained worker...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    The north half of my driveway is pretty much clear and I didn't shovel anything. That's because it all drifted to the south half, where it's like 2 feet deep. Still didn't shovel, just drove through it.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    A young adult just came by. I paid him to get the driveway. I almost choked at the cost.
    But, then I'd sound like an old man saying, in my day...

I figured what the heck, he was looking to work for money.
    And I bought a threaded rod to fashion a replacement part for the blower, but now I'm "on break".

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I have such a dilemma sometimes.

The truck sucks in snow. No matter if slush or 5 inches I have to have 4x4 locked at all times.

The SHO is the beast, but ground clearance is an issue...

The SHO is a cheap extraction if I ever went off the road.

The truck would be big $(aka favors cause my farmer buddy would get me)

The SHO has zero chances of getting out of a ditch.

The truck has huge advantage to get out of the ditch...

The truck I can pull people out...
    What is a SHO?

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    A young adult just came by. I paid him to get the driveway. I almost choked at the cost.
    But, then I'd sound like an old man saying, in my day...

I figured what the heck, he was looking to work for money.
    And I bought a threaded rod to fashion a replacement part for the blower, but now I'm "on break".
    A year ago, I turned away teenagers offering to take care of my snow on several occasions. I have since decided that if they ever come back, I will be more open to reaching for my wallet. We made a lot of pocket cash with a snow shovel when we were kids.

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    Are you taking care of your PTU?
    I've had it looked at when I was told it was "seeping" around the drain plug, was told by the mechanic that it was nothing to worry about and wait to have the fluids changed at 100k...

I also think it could be related to the weight of the vehicle, she's a big girl...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom