NWI INGO General Post - Part 21 - We can offically drink da moonshine!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Been thinking about getting a RYOBI 40v snow shovel (not a blower). Just because sometimes the huge 2 stage blower is a bit much.
    My take. Got the money, do it. Where I live, 2 stage high gear does the same. You have a 2 stage for heavy and under

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, now I see there's a single stage blower from RYOBI.
    If I buy the one without the batterys & charger, it's not much more than the broom that comes with a battery.
    And I don't need the battery.

Mmmmm.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Been thinking about getting a RYOBI 40v snow shovel (not a blower). Just because sometimes the huge 2 stage blower is a bit much.
    I have a SnowJoe 24 volt 13 inch snow shovel and it has moved all the snow from around my house including what a city snow plow has put around my cars. Came with one battery and got a second battery so I can finish the job. Happy Monday morning.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've got a Greenworks from HomeDepot. 60v. It is lightweight, small and was cheap. But the darn thing works! Also have the Greenworks push mower. Both use the same battery. I'd recommend them.

I've got a lot of 18v Ryobi and they are fine. 1/2 the price of the industrial tools, not as durable. The batteries seem to be good for several years and they have regular 1/2 price sales on the batteries so I'm good with the brand.

BUT I also have a 40v Ryobi limb saw and hedge trimmer that does not impress me. So for yard tools I'd go with Greenworks over Ryobi. Prices are similar and last time I checked, Greenworks was usually slightly cheaper on similar tools, but they are better.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I would probably be going with RYOBI because I already have a bunch of RYOBI, and I don't feel like having different batteries.
    You have Ryobi 40v? They are totally different than the 18V.

I have a Ryobi 40v 8" post hole digger. It is awesome. It is the only Ryobi 40v tool I own though.
    All of the rest of my battery powered implements are eGo. I only got the Ryobi because eGo didn't make one.

I also have a bunch of Ryobi 18v tools. Although all the newer stuff is DeWalt. I had a Ryobi charger and battery go bad with little use, and the DeWalt stuff is a lot more powerful. Framing stapler, 9ga Stapler, Impact wrench.

I use both on a regular basis now, as the Ryobi are good enough that I have no reason to replace them while they work.

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    I'm gonna look at battery powered snow tools too when my old Toro 2-cycle craps out or I get tired of the oil smoke. The new Toro Snow Master is working well but it's a bit big for small sidewalks and tight spaces around the house.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I would probably be going with RYOBI because I already have a bunch of RYOBI, and I don't feel like having different batteries.
    As noted, the 40v battery is a totally different animal.

The 18v chargers don't charge the 40v batteries. So all new stuff.

But if you have another Ryobi 40v tool/battery then I'd just stick with it.

As noted, I like my Ryobi 18v, but for "yard" equipment that requires more power I'd shy away from Ryobi and go to another brand. YMMV

Bill2905

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Lake County
    You have Ryobi 40v? They are totally different than the 18V.

I have a Ryobi 40v 8" post hole digger. It is awesome. It is the only Ryobi 40v tool I own though.
    All of the rest of my battery powered implements are eGo. I only got the Ryobi because eGo didn't make one.
    Are you happy with your eGo implements? I was looking at their leaf blower and sidewalk edger last Summer. Would be nice to ditch the 2-cycle gas machines.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Are you happy with your eGo implements? I was looking at their leaf blower and sidewalk edger last Summer. Would be nice to ditch the 2-cycle gas machines.
    I love them. I have a push mower, string trimmer, blower, chain saw, and multi-head with Trimmer and edger. My neighbor was impressed enough with mine that he started buying his own.

Batteries are expensive. In a lot cases, you can get a tool for about $50 more than just the battery. That is how I ended up with the chain saw. Figured it would be good to have and it came with a 5ah battery.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    I love them. I have a push mower, string trimmer, blower, chain saw, and multi-head with Trimmer and edger. My neighbor was impressed enough with mine that he started buying his own.

Batteries are expensive. In a lot cases, you can get a tool for about $50 more than just the battery. That is how I ended up with the chain saw. Figured it would be good to have and it came with a 5ah battery.
    Pretty much the same experience I have with the Greenworks Pro brand.

I got a little 60v push mower when a flip house we were working on was taking longer than expected and the lawn needed mowing. Small, light and easy to lift into the bed of the truck. Impresses everyone who tries is. Snowblower was my next purchase, simply because of 60v battery compatibility. I've also compared their 60v hedge trimmers and blowers to the 40v Ryobi and the Greenworks Pro stuff just seems better.

Had I been shopping at Lowes the day I got that little lawn mower instead of Home Depot it is likely I'd have eGo branded stuff. I think the eGo and the Greensworks offer very similar lines with similar features and similar qualities.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Pretty much the same experience I have with the Greenworks Pro brand.

I got a little 60v push mower when a flip house we were working on was taking longer than expected and the lawn needed mowing. Small, light and easy to lift into the bed of the truck. Impresses everyone who tries is. Snowblower was my next purchase, simply because of 60v battery compatibility. I've also compared their 60v hedge trimmers and blowers to the 40v Ryobi and the Greenworks Pro stuff just seems better.

Had I been shopping at Lowes the day I got that little lawn mower instead of Home Depot it is likely I'd have eGo branded stuff. I think the eGo and the Greensworks offer very similar lines with similar features and similar qualities.
    Must have been a more recent purchase. Wasn't that long ago eGo was sold by Home Depot.

I purchased about half of my stuff at Home Depot and the other half from these guys.
    They had stuff Home Depot didn't have in stock.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom