• Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    lol, damn storm. A big ass branch fell on the garage and then the power went out.

branchonhousesm.jpg

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    TV1217... I hate it when Murphy shows up un-invited... Good luck with the cleanup and guessing insurance dealings... That elecrical storm a couple weeks ago got me...

At Hush, the quietest setup on the property was a 1022 with a internal suppressor built into the barrel by Huntertown. All you could hear was the action on the gun and occasionally the bullet hitting something down range...

That's not saying anything against any of the fine suppressors that were present though as everything there was very impressive in whatever caliber it was putting down range. Gemtec had a supressed BLK 300 that has made me decide to get the BLK upper first... it was very quiet and controllable, just ask T-Star on here or Veronica the next time she is out at a M&S...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    One cracked 2x4 in the ceiling in the garage, that's it. The part that hit the garage is maybe 6 inches at the widest.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Lost power for about 4 hours yesterday starting about 4pm. The weather radio gave us plenty of notice of the incoming front. Fortunately the NG Generator was waiting for the storm too and sprang into action when called upon.

Big assed tree down by my house
    4 trees down in my valley, also lost the timber-frame swing set & fort . . . but I pushed all of them over with my front end loader before the storm. :): Should have just let the storm do my work for me. I'm normally such a lazy man, I actually went out and worked yesterday knocking down dead/dying trees, clearing out unwanted yard toys, hauling them to the burn piles for bonfires.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    It looks like we lost power at the house, but we were driving up from Indy on I65 in that storm, very interesting trying to stay on the road.. Rain wasn't bad, just the wind and a bit of hail during it...

Got back here and had just long enough to unload part of my stuff before I started getting client calls to fix computer issues left in the wake of the thing...

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    @GB, yeah, when I worked at AT&T(uverse)we used to get a flood of repairs after storms because people have no surge protectors or bad wiring.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Does that brown spot on the tree look like what a lightning strike would do to a tree? I think it's just a knot. Some other people think it's a burn.

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    So I discovered a giant wasps nest under the eve of my shed. It didn't look occupied so I decided to throw a branch at it to make sure. Now as I type this, I'm 2 blocks away from my house, because this is where I quit running, because this is where they quit chasing me. As I slowly walk home, barefoot and wearing boxers, I believe it was a bad idea. So some advice from me to you, do not play with wasps nests, whether or not you think they're occupied or unoccupied. Have a great day!!! I'm gonna take a nap.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    TV, I can't tell from the pic, could be though... You should of seen th face on the Comcast repair guy last week when they came out to relace my comcast modem. The top of the phone pole they were on ws chared, the cable all the way across the street too my house was melted, the grounding block was chared on the house... I showed him the damage in the breaker box and I'm sending them a bill for all the rest of the stuff that got fried from thier big antenna wire bringing the lightening strike into my computer Rack... Hope that goes well as the whole repair process isn't going that great...

Wasps and bee's are dangerous to us old fat guys, and everybody hates it when I get the old flame thrower out to deal with the little rascals...

Back to work... more job sites are getting power back and discovering thier computers don't work...

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    So I discovered a giant wasps nest under the eve of my shed. It didn't look occupied so I decided to throw a branch at it to make sure. Now as I type this, I'm 2 blocks away from my house, because this is where I quit running, because this is where they quit chasing me. As I slowly walk home, barefoot and wearing boxers, I believe it was a bad idea. So some advice from me to you, do not play with wasps nests, whether or not you think they're occupied or unoccupied. Have a great day!!! I'm gonna take a nap.

:postpics:
    :laugh:

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point

OMG, i'm still laughing at this!

this explains the guy running past my house in boxers screaming like a five year old girl

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I think I'm gonna make a run for the border, when I say run, I mean drive, I've ran enough today, into the Peoples Republic of Illinois. I need to pick up some booze, thinking a bon-fire tonite.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    I think I'm gonna make a run for the border, when I say run, I mean drive, I've ran enough today, into the Peoples Republic of Illinois. I need to pick up some booze, thinking a bon-fire tonite.

O rly¿ The bonfire ought to take care of those wasps. Need help drinking the booze? :D

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    NWI
    TV, I can't tell from the pic, could be though... You should of seen th face on the Comcast repair guy last week when they came out to relace my comcast modem. The top of the phone pole they were on ws chared, the cable all the way across the street too my house was melted, the grounding block was chared on the house... I showed him the damage in the breaker box and I'm sending them a bill for all the rest of the stuff that got fried from thier big antenna wire bringing the lightening strike into my computer Rack... Hope that goes well as the whole repair process isn't going that great...

Wasps and bee's are dangerous to us old fat guys, and everybody hates it when I get the old flame thrower out to deal with the little rascals...

Back to work... more job sites are getting power back and discovering thier computers don't work...
    Curious to see how that goes with Comcast,
    During the first big storm 3 weeks ago I had 4 commercial gateways with blown ethernets and a dead modem the day after the storm all in valpo

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    I could always use a little help with the booze... I have a problem where I always buy to much of it. Lol, I'll be done with all my chores around 7, hopefully I'll have the cooler full of ice and Woodchuck hard cider, and the fire started by 1930. So far its just me, but planning on a case of woodchuck and a case of Coors lite.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom