• Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    I need a man!!!

with a truck!

The Mrs and I are going to Habitat in Gary tomorrow to look for a couch... and it's going to cost us way too much to rent a truck. Anyone have a truck I could borrow.. or borrow you and your truck in exchange for some beers? :D

Failing that, aside from uhaul where do I borrow a pickup at short notice?

Menards rents for $19.99 an hour, plus $200 deposit. Just don't tell em you're taking it to Gary.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    $19.99 an hour... uHaul is $19.99 for four hours plus 79c/mile. I figure around 20 mile round trip from S'ville to Ridge and Colfax and back.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    $19.99 an hour... uHaul is $19.99 for four hours plus 79c/mile. I figure around 20 mile round trip from S'ville to Ridge and Colfax and back.

I don't think that Menards charges for mileage, but don't take my word for it.

Uhaul always looks like the obvious choice, until they get you with that damned mileage fee.

EDIT: Oh, $20 plus mileage for 4 hours? That's not a bad deal.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    I don't think that Menards charges for mileage, but don't take my word for it.

Uhaul always looks like the obvious choice, until they get you with that damned mileage fee.

EDIT: Oh, $20 plus mileage for 4 hours? That's not a bad deal.

Yeh thats what I thought too. They try and get you with all the optionals... like give us $10 for accident coverage or we'll need money from you if you crash it.

Edit: on second thoughts I don't realy want second hand furniture.. we're gonna look at the cheap ass crappy couches at BigLots instead.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Yeh thats what I thought too. They try and get you with all the optionals... like give us $10 for accident coverage or we'll need money from you if you crash it.

Edit: on second thoughts I don't realy want second hand furniture.. we're gonna look at the cheap ass crappy couches at BigLots instead.

If you need a truck still, let me know. I have a Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, and I would be available to drive. Just send me a Message on here.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    GI Ammo can, metal (prefer the next size up from the smallest ... .50 Cal) ... anyone know who has some for sale? I can't wait for the next gun show ... need it in the next few days. Thanks.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    GI Ammo can, metal (prefer the next size up from the smallest ... .50 Cal) ... anyone know who has some for sale? I can't wait for the next gun show ... need it in the next few days. Thanks.

salvation army in merriville had 5 of the GI ammo cans when i was in there on wednesday.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Well, HEUI injection has one advantage over anything else... when its out of oil it shuts down..... common fails just keep going and going and going til their literally gone!

photobucket-1654-1338421830709.jpg

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    No problem. We have meet at the Meet and Shoot. My brother pointed out the thread, and since I have a truck, dont mind helping friends out when i can.

:facepalm: y r u helping the traitor? He has left us and we should turn our backs on him. :D

Why are you buying a couch BEFORE you move? That is just something else you will have to move. Buy it after you get there.

Because he's cRaZy!

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    Why are you buying a couch BEFORE you move? That is just something else you will have to move. Buy it after you get there.

Explain that to my wife... ... LOL.

Well because here's a reason. We will have to hire a truck again when we're down there to move the couch. It will never fit in her little Civic or my Camry.

So while we have the truck and the space, we might as well get one. Biglots has some cheap ass couches for no more than $400, and we live across the road from the Biglots here in S'ville. Her dad will be roped in for that one.

There will be a LOT of space in the uHaul.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    Ya know Napalm, we have a big truck. Might be hard getting a couch in the bed, but I always love stealing Berta from Kevin.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Explain that to my wife... ... LOL.

Well because here's a reason. We will have to hire a truck again when we're down there to move the couch. It will never fit in her little Civic or my Camry.

So while we have the truck and the space, we might as well get one. Biglots has some cheap ass couches for no more than $400, and we live across the road from the Biglots here in S'ville. Her dad will be roped in for that one.

There will be a LOT of space in the uHaul.
    Ever hear of delivery? :D

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Check Value City Furniture, and The Room Place. Those two have pretty inexpensive stuff. If you want a little nicer check Ashley.

Value City and The Room Place are pretty similar in quality, and they do offer a nice full replacement warranty for 5yrs I believe. I bought from the room place, and my sister has bought from value city. They have used their warranty without problems, and thankfully I haven't had a problem yet.

My wife and I bought a bedroom set from Ashley and a few other items from ashley. We have had a couple problems with the stuff (nothing major), and they will send a service guy out right away to fix it. Very easy to deal with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom