NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    No fireworks were occurring during this photo but Mr. Pickles(left) is absolutely terrified of fireworks. He will hide in his house(kennel) or snuggle up to me as close as he can get. Wrangler(right) just gets annoyed. He will bark, huff, and low growl and try to protect me by attempting to lick off all exposed skin and laying on my face.
    ff9ebf9dec764174b38c22e9134a07b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    It sounds like a combination of WW III, a typical night in Chicago's hood and a normal day of Beruit terrorist attacks out here in suburban Lowellabama.

Fortunately I drugged the skittish dog so he is sleeping through all the fireworks. The other dogs don't seemed bothered by the festivities.
    We gave our dog CBD pills and it did not have an effect on him. What did you use?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    We gave our dog CBD pills and it did not have an effect on him. What did you use?
    Yeah, I double-dosed Daisy with CBD and it did not faze her. We have also tried Benedryl, Valium, and some kind of Rx gel that I can't remember the name of. She still does constant frantic barking zoomies (for six hours straight last night).

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Yeah, I double-dosed Daisy with CBD and it did not faze her. We have also tried Benedryl, Valium, and some kind of Rx gel that I can't remember the name of. She still does constant frantic barking zoomies (for six hours straight last night).
    Have you tried a thundershirt? We had a female Boston that would get really upset. It seemed to help her relax.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Work is slow and got this week off without pay and the honey-do list is still there. Time to sneak off and do some shooting. Don't tell the boss ( I need to get some parts) be back later.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    You've got a tough one. Loud TV or music to drown out the noise? :):
    At our house the fireworks (from 8 pm 7/4 until 2 am 7/5) drowned out the TV. I put the closed captions on so we could watch. It was nuts here.

I thought they were done and let the dog out just after midnight, they were just reloading. I thought the dog would break down the door before I could get there when they restarted.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Thundershirt didn't work for my dog either. He just focused his anxiety on figuring out how to remove it, and then he chewed a hole in it.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    OK, guys and gals, rednecks and thugs ..... you know who you are. There has been much good posting going on in here that I have not been able to respond to. My little buddy was here to visit for the first time ... in a long time. Between him getting more mobile, and me less, it kept us on our toes. My son and DIL got some much needed rest, and grandma and I got slap worn out playing with the kid.

We did accomplish some things. He got his first taste of BBQ pork, and his first bites of buttery corn! (I may or may not have snuck a tiny taste of chocolate too ... I mean, he's gone a whole year without any)

My grandma had a saying that "every gramma crow thinks hers is the blackest", meaning most perfect, and now I know what she meant. To say we are quite smitten would be an understatement.:

Ev1.JPG

Ev2.JPG

Ev3.JPG

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Hit Cabelas today. Tons of 223/556. Plenty of 7.62×51, 308, 6.5 creedmoor. They had lots of 40cal. Few boxes of personal defense 9mm and 40cal. Few boxes of 45acp and 38special as well.

Did grab some 38spcl and 6.5 creedmoor

Primers they had CCI small rifle and magnum small rifle at $69.99 per brick. They also had Federal gold medal small pistol magnum. These were $74.99 ber brick

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Finally settled on looking for a S&W 64 for use as a car gun. In second would be an older Taurus 66 4in. Got a bid in for a 64-5 that ends tomorrow which I'm sure will be out bid on, and as a back up a bid for a 66. Lost the last 3 auctions for those firearms and lost a 3rd gen S&W auction by 5 bucks today because I had to get some sleep for my 2nd/3rd ot holiday double.

So in 2 days if anyone is looking to part with either or has leads let me know. Wouldn't mind buying both or 2 64's if the price is right.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom