NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I've not worked a day since I got out of the Army.

Building houses is my favorite pastime.

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Well, now that I'm all caught up with the thread...

anyone heard from lush lately? usually pretty active here then nothing

I had an opportunity to see Johnny Winter live about 6 months before he passed away and chose not to go because I was "too tired." That's but one of my life's regrets.

Honestly though I wasn't being political...
    In hindsight upon review, I misread your intent. I owe you an apology. The Indianapolis tragedy shook me pretty hard; it was too close, still too fresh, and I latched onto your post. Don't take this as an excuse, because I mean it not to be. I needed to walk away from the computer for a while, but I just waited too long to do so. Sorry I pounced on you.

Took this threads advice and dropped some work off with Aaron at 219. Seems like a pretty ok dude, hoping the work matches it :) Also told him it was referral from INGO fwiw.
    Please do keep us posted!

I've had Aaron do 2 mod jobs for me and both times the work came back without fault. I've had really positive experiences interacting with Aaron, too. He's got a good aura about him, he's passionate, and he was happy to take the time to chat with me and answer my noobie questions. That kind of customer service gets loyalty out of someone like me!
    Even WBEZ was reporting on the matter this morning! Crazy stuff. I got to visit Westforth's for the first time a few weeks back and walked away wishing I had deep pockets! In the 3 months I've been a part of this hobby, I've not seen such stock in a store.
    Found one of Jedis friends. It was super mad until i fed it a hotdog.
    RE: Bold/Underlined
    This got a legit LOL out of me!

I ran into some articles the other day and they were about me! Most of you have done well to make me feel welcome and it doesn't go unnoticed or unappreciated. Our hobby/passion/Right-to-bear-arms is reaching more and more people of all races, genders, sexual orientation, and political leanings; think of what we (all firearm owners) can accomplish if we united. Politicians would think twice before messing with the Second Amendment, I'm certain of that!

Now back to region-related news...

Chesterton High School teacher dropped cocaine outside school, found by parent, police say

Why hasn't anyone mentioned this yet?! I don't understand the idiocy on display here, but that dude is not going to have a fun time ahead of him. And at 60 years-old, he ought to know better! I have a friend that works at CHS and he said that the guy's daughter is also a teacher there and her classroom is right next door to his former classroom's. No one should pay for the sins of the father, but I can only imagine how she might be feeling just by being in his orbit.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    If that guy had half the sense, he would have said that's not my baggie, that a parent took something home, and brought something back. One would think a good lawyer would get that whitewashed.

I've always had good experiences at Westforth's (aside from their ridiculous transfer fees). Regardless, they are going to be out a lot in lawyer fees.

Speaking of this, who are we using for transfers nowadays, ya know, since this is a gun type thread?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    If that guy had half the sense, he would have said that's not my baggie, that a parent took something home, and brought something back
    I thought the same thing, or maybe even a vindictive parent or something.
    From what I heard they have it on security footage but haven't been able to verify that

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Lush... Welcome back to the thread... Look forward to whatever you post... and there we are one more post towards starting a new NWI thread... Biggred you would be amazed at what a spoiled whole pineapple will do to those bandits once they accidentally get a hold of it...

Lushamania

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2021
    The Region
    Speaking of this, who are we using for transfers nowadays, ya know, since this is a gun type thread?
    For me, personally? 219 Armory. Not only for glaring review above, but gotta support small business!

Look forward to whatever you post...
    Well, I’ll tell ya what, my next post ought to be talking about your new Ruger! Have you taken it for a spin yet?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    For me, personally? 219 Armory. Not only for glaring review above, but gotta support small business!
    He's likely working with me on an estate sale soon for a friend. We've been in touch for a consignment. Timing now is key. So I will put it as this, if there is a LEO gun you are looking for or tatical drop me a note. This estate has gunZ.

I get 1st dibbs, especially if the pockets are deep enough.

Last edited:

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Lush... not yet... got the gun, the ammo and a place to shoot but customers keep calling me to fix their stuff. Hopefully we get a break in the coming rain weather soon and I'll get her out for some testing... Got about 10 different brands or lines of 22LR to run through her to see how reliable the little firecracker is...

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I've always had good experiences at Westforth's (aside from their ridiculous transfer fees). Regardless, they are going to be out a lot in lawyer fees.

I have been using South County Guns. They are pretty good guys and about a block North of my shop in Schererville. I stopped using Westforth's about 10 years ago when they charged me double transfer fee for picking up two items at the same time, with one background check phone call. Of course, South County does the same thing now, but my purchasing habits have slowed down over the years. I guess they have to make money somehow.

As to the lawsuit against Westforth's, I wish them good luck if they are innocent, but it strikes me as odd that they would be singled out amongst all of the other dealers in the area. On the other hand, if they're not innocent, then you would think ATF or some law enforcement agency would have brought charges.:dunno:

mmpsteve

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Lush... not yet... got the gun, the ammo and a place to shoot but customers keep calling me to fix their stuff. Hopefully we get a break in the coming rain weather soon and I'll get her out for some testing... Got about 10 different brands or lines of 22LR to run through her to see how reliable the little firecracker is...

What kind of stuff do you fix, sir?

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    While we're on the subject of transfers.... I just bought a SAR9 from Gunbroker. South County was not one of the FFL's listed on the GB site. I have used them in the past, but at that moment, I didn't feel like emailing Greg and asking him to send FFL info, etc, when I could just pick someone from their list and get it over with. I chose Pawn King in on Broadway in Merrillville. $25 fee and everything went smoothly. Dealt with a guy named Frank.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    What kind of stuff do you fix, sir?

Well technically I'm a computer repair guy... I have kind of reached out to fix all kinds of technology stuff though over the years. I do a lot of POS "Point of Sale" and general PC problem solving... Software and hardware, cabling, and now security cameras/dvr's, wifi networks and backhauls and mess with radio equipment installs now too.... Got a pair of 80 foot towers going up next month and have worked with hardline radio installations... Need something fixed ?

mmpsteve

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    Well technically I'm a computer repair guy... I have kind of reached out to fix all kinds of technology stuff though over the years. I do a lot of POS "Point of Sale" and general PC problem solving... Software and hardware, cabling, and now security cameras/dvr's, wifi networks and backhauls and mess with radio equipment installs now too.... Got a pair of 80 foot towers going up next month and have worked with hardline radio installations... Need something fixed ?

Nothing broke at the moment, but I do have some computer projects that need attention. It will be a week or so, but if you're interested I will shoot you a p.m.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :coffee:

Not all quiet this AM in chiraqi. :(
    Bus services delayed or outright not working. :facepalm: looks of police activity on the south side this AM. Guess the gangbangers must of had a late, late party.

Ugh

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    For the lawsuit, they might be trying to wear them down financially, start one and improve as you go, doesn't matter if you lose if you have deeper pockets.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom