NWI INGO General Post Part 19 - LegOs, Glocks and iPhones!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    As long as there are just stalls and sinks, I don't see an issue with bathrooms being unisex. Young children should be supervised anyway, whether it's to protect against adult men or women.

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    My recollection is that in Europe most restrooms are unisex with stalls and sinks as Sd describes. My daughters found it a bit odd and discomforting initially, but they got used to it.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    As long as there are just stalls and sinks, I don't see an issue with bathrooms being unisex. Young children should be supervised anyway, whether it's to protect against adult men or women.
    Agreed, as long as they are full length stalls, not the shorter ones that we usually have.

Of course that means more men having to wait for a stall to use more often :p

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    My recollection is that in Europe most restrooms are unisex with stalls and sinks as Sd describes. My daughters found it a bit odd and discomforting initially, but they got used to it.
    Not my recollection of Europe at all. I spend a good deal of time there.

In some of the major cities this is more common. Outside of big city tourist areas, far far less common. In most areas not common at all.

I've spent most of my time in the UK and in Spain. But have been to France, Germany, Italy, etc multiple times. Can't say I've seen public unisex bathrooms in either nation other than single stall bathrooms that have a locking door. Granted I spend most of my time outside of the big cities.

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    Not my recollection of Europe at all. I spend a good deal of time there.

In some of the major cities this is more common. Outside of big city tourist areas, far far less common. In most areas not common at all.

I've spent most of my time in the UK and in Spain. But have been to France, Germany, Italy, etc multiple times. Can't say I've seen public unisex bathrooms in either nation other than single stall bathrooms that have a locking door. Granted I spend most of my time outside of the big cities.
    Me neither... Germany, Spain and Italy for me...

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    How's everyone doing?

My lady's dog who was min 16 years, maybe 17 had to be out to sleep, we weren't really well prepared for that.

I got a new job that seems to be going pretty well.

Taken a couple folks shooting for the first time since it got warm.

@d.kaufman your maple made it through the winter and about 70% of it is budding/leafing :)

Sorry to hear about the dog.

The rest seems good though.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Anyone know if either Copper Custom or 219 would be alright for some pretty simple wooden stock work?

Wood on one side is spreading off of the tang, usually they put a rod in with epoxy or sometimes a cross bolt to pull it in.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just stepped out of the Indiana Supreme Court where one of my cases was just argued. If you are interested in whether constructive fraud tolls the claim survival provision of the Indiana Business Trust law beyond 5 years after dissolution of the trust, you’re in luck- decision forthcoming.

Last edited:

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    Anyone know if either Copper Custom or 219 would be alright for some pretty simple wooden stock work?

Wood on one side is spreading off of the tang, usually they put a rod in with epoxy or sometimes a cross bolt to pull it in.
    I would lean toward armory 219 first. either could likely handle the job, copper will take months, armory will take days at most.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Just stepped out of the Indiana Supreme Court where one of my cases was just argued. If you are interested in whether constructive fraud tolls the claim survival provision of the Indiana Business Trust law beyond 5 years after dissolution of the trust, you’re in luck- decision forthcoming.
    OK, I have read that five times and still cannot figure out what it says. :):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom