NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    :puke:

Disney Star Wars is NOT Star Wars!
    All disney has done is managed to f.... it up!
    The only hope is for Jon Favreau to be able to correct the course like he has done with the Mandolorian and is currently working on an over all roadmap for star wars.

Kathleen Kennedy specifically but yes Jon Favreau and to some extent Dave Filoni are making a solid effort to course correct and un**** the franchise.

Dulla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2020
    NWI
    Sweet, good to know. Do any of the DNR ranges have electrical at the shotgun area do you know? I know Jasper Pulaski doesn't, called the a bit ago.

Per field target -- I'm probably gunna get at least on air rifle and field target just sounds fun to try.

Just a heads up, there is zero shade at Jasper Pulaski. It might have been the bbq afterwards but after I made it back home a few weeks ago I couldn't motivate myself to get out of bed until the morning.

Hi new members!
    Do NOT listen to all these thugs and rednecks!
    Jedi is NOT the raccoon king!
    Jedi HATES, HATES, HATES those nasty monsters.
    They have caused major damage to jedi house once!
    Horrible animals!!! Horrible!!!

Now we have 2 types of members here.
    If you live north of us30 in Lake county you are a thug like Jedi.
    If you live south of us30 in Lake county you are a redneck like the older than dirt melensdad.
    If you live in porter county you are our 1/2 sibling, mama no likes talking about what dad did over there.
    If you live in newton or la porte counties you are fffaaarrr where the banjos plays and jedi thinks you are related somehow but not sure how.

Welcome to NWI INGO where the ONLY real Hoosiers hang out. Those indy members are punks and NOT real Hoosiers like us. :p

Oh and lastly da snob lives in st John and none of us say he is related to us. :rofl:

And I was going to invite you and the raccoons over for some caviar and swallow nest soup :(

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I have avoided JP for a couple of years now because it was always crowded, many times with total idiots, and not always from Illinois. One of the ROs there can be a bit of a Nazi, but I don't know if I can even blame him sometimes with the stupid crap that I've seen. I doubt much has changed.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Suggestions on incoming FFL? Close to Gary is a plus. I've never bought out of state before.. when I was in KY I was 45 mins from Buds HQ and a really nice vintage gun shop, so I've got no context.
    Blythes in Griffith is closer, I've used them with zero issues. Westforth is in Gary, they bought a firearm I was selling and they were the only ones that offered a reasonable price.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I have avoided JP for a couple of years now because it was always crowded, many times with total idiots, and not always from Illinois. One of the ROs there can be a bit of a Nazi, but I don't know if I can even blame him sometimes with the stupid crap that I've seen. I doubt much has changed.
    Funny you mention that, I have avoided Willow Slough for over a decade because an RO there. We got into an argument because he thought you HAD to have a carry permit to shoot, and did not understand the law and that you can legally transport to and from the range. Almost wasted an entire day and hadn't been there since.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Suggestions on incoming FFL? Close to Gary is a plus. I've never bought out of state before.. when I was in KY I was 45 mins from Buds HQ and a really nice vintage gun shop, so I've got no context.

Sheepdog Armory in Crown Point was doing transfers for $25 last time I checked. South County Guns in Schererville is $30. With the current situation you should call the FFL you are going to use, many have limited hours.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI

It has gotten worse. Used to be ok on the weekdays, but current climate has turned it into a well stocked zoo.
    Lots of firearms being walked back and forth behind the line in various conditions. Muzzle discipline is covered by "chill out, it ain't loaded..." while the mag is in place & the bolt closed.

I'm actually more comfortable now with the cease-fire procedures @ Kingsbury/Willow -- and that's saying quite a bit.
    At least someone is watching the crazies, and there's a slightly lower chance you'll leave with an extra hole.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    It has gotten worse. Used to be ok on the weekdays, but current climate has turned it into a well stocked zoo.
    Lots of firearms being walked back and forth behind the line in various conditions. Muzzle discipline is covered by "chill out, it ain't loaded..." while the mag is in place & the bolt closed.

I'm actually more comfortable now with the cease-fire procedures @ Kingsbury/Willow -- and that's saying quite a bit.
    At least someone is watching the crazies, and there's a slightly lower chance you'll leave with an extra hole.

I like going to winamac since the fibs have to drive further unless they own summer homes at Bass Lake.

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    Blythes in Griffith is closer, I've used them with zero issues. Westforth is in Gary, they bought a firearm I was selling and they were the only ones that offered a reasonable price.
    I've been going to Blythe's since before I even moved over the border, never had a problem. Guess it all depends on which side of Gary you are one as to which is closer

I've been meaning to check out the Griffith Izaak Walton League, was going to go this spring but then of course the world ended so I never made it

And last, but not least, despite being in Lake, North of 30, I identify as a redneck (and my wife is a hillbilly from Appalachia) I ask that you respect our life choices.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Just got back to the region after a week at Mammoth Cave in Kentucky. Had a great time, though it was jungle-like humid with the heat down there.

If you like majestic holes in the ground, it is a must see. Seriously, it was magnificent and we had a great time. This is probably the last vacation we will take an an entire family and was only made possible by the pandemic. My oldest son has been out of work since March and would not have been available and we would have been at the fair with various 4-H duties this week. We made some lemonade out of this COVID-19 lemon.

As a topper, my son got a job offer and accepted a job doing exactly what he wants to do, on Tuesday. He drove home Monday night to get stable internet and a quiet, private place to do the final Zoom interview, and came back to where we were Tues. morning. However, he is living in Burlington, KY right now and the new job is in Grand Rapids, MI. So, there will be hauling to be done in the next couple of weeks.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I've been going to Blythe's since before I even moved over the border, never had a problem. Guess it all depends on which side of Gary you are one as to which is closer

I've been meaning to check out the Griffith Izaak Walton League, was going to go this spring but then of course the world ended so I never made it

And last, but not least, despite being in Lake, North of 30, I identify as a redneck (and my wife is a hillbilly from Appalachia) I ask that you respect our life choices.

Griffith Izaak like one one in Merville/Hobart next to I-65 both have skeet ranges. Bigretic is the president of the merville/hobart one which is more active.

The griffith one has more land but they only focus on skeet. They have a single lane rundown outdoor firing range but it has not been used in years. The bench is beyond damage as is the backstop. It needs repairs but their members are more interested in skeet so they have not fixed it.

The one in merville/hobart has an indoor range for pistols. They do have an active skeet range as well. Its smaller then Griffith but overall more active younger members.

Now your application for thugship is in question. :p
    The jedi racoon council will have to further investigate. :rofl:

defaultdotxbe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2020
    Griffith
    The griffith one has more land but they only focus on skeet. They have a single lane rundown outdoor firing range but it has not been used in years. The bench is beyond damage as is the backstop. It needs repairs but their members are more interested in skeet so they have not fixed it.
    Well that stinks, I was hoping for a nearby place to shoot my rifles :(

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom