NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Something similar happened to me when I got out of the hospital from the near death experience. I was freaking out because my SP-01 was "missing". I couldn't remember if I was carrying on the bike and my father was about to get ahold of the cop he had spoken to to get the tow release and police report about the accident to see if a gun was recovered either on my person or at the scene. Turns out it was holstered inside a backpack in my spare bedroom for reasons I do not now recall.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I bought some new Kwikset locks at Menards and they have this feature where you can rekey them yourself with basically no tools. So yay I won't have to have separate keys for the each of the back doors and the front like the previous owners did. Debating whether I should do the garage on the same key too.
    Sooo taken them all back... Using keys for locks is old... Get a few sohomill locks from Amazon... Enter key code... That way is someone else needs in you just tell em the code or a special secondary code.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Smart locks are better. You can open them with a fob or a smart phone.

If someone else needs in, you can give them a one time code.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I would never go nuts trying to burglar proof any man door to my house. Unless your doing a fireproof steel frame and steel door you aren't going to win.

You guys probably have $300 schlage sets on French doors with more glass than wood

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    A friend had me harden the man door of his garage. The thieves cut thru the siding with a hatchet when he wasn't home.

At our Little League years ago they climbed up to the roof of the concession stand using the backstop and then chopped thru the roof and the floor of the second story to get to the actual concession stand and equipment storage area.

Most homes can be entered easily. How many of you have bars on your windows?

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Lmao. Thank you....

I'd rather the ease of access for my own convenience then rather worry about something that has a less than 1% chance of even happening.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    A friend had me harden the man door of his garage. The thieves cut thru the siding with a hatchet when he wasn't home.

At our Little League years ago they climbed up to the roof of the concession stand using the backstop and then chopped thru the roof and the floor of the second story to get to the actual concession stand and equipment storage area.

Firefighters will always fine a way inside. Just saying.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Sooo taken them all back... Using keys for locks is old... Get a few sohomill locks from Amazon... Enter key code... That way is someone else needs in you just tell em the code or a special secondary code.
    The one I got for the front door is like that, also a Kwikset. I rekeyed the other two for the regular key that came with that one. I'll still carry the key because batteries and electronics don't last forever.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Steel reinforced door frames

Security room(s)

6” screws into the studs that hold the reinforced frames

3M security film that pretty much requires an ax or chainsaw to get thru the windows

Thorn bushes under the windows just to #u(¥ you up while you beat on my glass

Radio back up to the alarm monitoring service

2 video systems with 28 cameras

infrared flood lights

and several other fun things

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom