NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Good morning INGO, windy out today and moisture in the air. Looking forward to some time off.

Same. These 2 days back to work are killing me..

I left work the 27th, was in Mexico for 8 days, then had to 2 week quarantine cause stupid policy, yesterday was my first day back... Work today... Then off for 4 days..... Lmao...

I'm working 6bdays total this month.

Paid for 4 weeks though

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Act, be careful eating after morphine, especially after not eating for so long. Let's just say I learned that lesson.

That is another reason that I did not use Oxi after surgery, I was warned in advance by others that were plugged.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Morphine makes me heave big time. Found that out after my gallbladder surgery. Puking my guts out for hours after I had my gallbladder removed was painful. I asked the daytime nurses at Methodist to see if the doctor would give me something for the nausea, and they played the "Let's not bother him until after 3:00" game. I puked so many times that they stopped coming in to clean me up. They just tossed a towel in to my mom on their way down the hall.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Morphine makes me heave big time. Found that out after my gallbladder surgery. Puking my guts out for hours after I had my gallbladder removed was painful. I asked the daytime nurses at Methodist to see if the doctor would give me something for the nausea, and they played the "Let's not bother him until after 3:00" game. I puked so many times that they stopped coming in to clean me up. They just tossed a towel in to my mom on their way down the hall.

:wow: Call Cliff Horowitz!

The main reason I did not get any morphine or other narcotics is that they make me sick, not puking, but shakes, sweats, hallucinations and general mental Illness.

I cannot even use Benadryl because it acts the same way.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    :wow: Call Cliff Horowitz!

The main reason I did not get any morphine or other narcotics is that they make me sick, not puking, but shakes, sweats, hallucinations and general mental Illness.

I cannot even use Benadryl because it acts the same way.

I know it was an isolated incident and things have changed since then (probably 15-20 years ago), but because of that experience I would not send my dog to Methodist.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Finally closing on my house next Wednesday. Just in time lol.

Good for you!

In other news, how are you faring after your accident? Maybe I've missed updates, are you back to work, how's the recovery going? I hope all is well.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I had my surgery at Franciscan CP and they were so good it is impressive. The professionalism, patient care, their commitment to being attentive to your needs is not just a slogan it is practiced by everyone I had contact with.

I recommend Lakeshore Bone & Joint to anyone that needs that kind of service.
    A shout out to INGO member Terry A, who suggested them to me. And curse him for being in warmer climes for the winter.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I had my surgery at Franciscan CP and they were so good it is impressive. The professionalism, patient care, their commitment to being attentive to your needs is not just a slogan it is practiced by everyone I had contact with.

I recommend Lakeshore Bone & Joint to anyone that needs that kind of service.
    A shout out to INGO member Terry A, who suggested them to me. And curse him for being in warmer climes for the winter.
    I worked at Franciscan CP for two years and worked with some of the best people I've ever met. Not a bad one in the bunch.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Same. These 2 days back to work are killing me..

I left work the 27th, was in Mexico for 8 days, then had to 2 week quarantine cause stupid policy, yesterday was my first day back... Work today... Then off for 4 days..... Lmao...

I'm working 6bdays total this month.

Paid for 4 weeks though

Last week, I had a vacation day, then I missed 3 shifts cause of this.
    I'll STILL get 32 hours worked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom