NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    I declined to shoot most of the crazy stuff Act brought cause I'm not shopping for anything similar. I was zeroing a 22 rifle next to a rotation of people shooting the suppressed 22 and _wow_ that thing was quiet.

Shot D.Kaufmann's 6.5 Grendell AR. Kinda made me want an AR. In some big nasty caliber. Way easier to shoot than expected, I kinda liked the "twang" of the spring and that thing just shoots exactly where you tell it.

Act's Henry lever gun was a ball but it made me realize I probably don't need a lever gun soon, so Act probably saved me 500-1000 bucks in the medium term.

Really was a great time and some people had some serious iron out.

Howdie, d.man . Work schedule prevented me. Typing this from my office right now. Sucks, but in a good way (can I even say that)?. Suckage = $$. I've made up my mind to make one of these though, and will bring some fancy-pantsy INGO targets with me when I do.

What was the most interesting or funesest items that people brought with them?

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Since folks are BBQ posting:

Ribs were from today about halfway through the smoking, had the neighbors over and we destroyed em. Costco vac pac.

Tomahawk was from after the Winimac shoot, reverse seared it for the lady and I, about 1.5 hrs on the grill. Probably took it off 5 degrees hotter than I should have but still pink in the middle and pretty good. Those always make me nervous.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I declined to shoot most of the crazy stuff Act brought cause I'm not shopping for anything similar. I was zeroing a 22 rifle next to a rotation of people shooting the suppressed 22 and _wow_ that thing was quiet.

Shot D.Kaufmann's 6.5 Grendell AR. Kinda made me want an AR. In some big nasty caliber. Way easier to shoot than expected, I kinda liked the "twang" of the spring and that thing just shoots exactly where you tell it.

Act's Henry lever gun was a ball but it made me realize I probably don't need a lever gun soon, so Act probably saved me 500-1000 bucks in the medium term.

Really was a great time and some people had some serious iron out.

You should hear the suppression when you're using subsonic bullets and in a bolt action rifle.

Meet & Shoots are great for trying out stuff before buying.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Meet and shoots are absolutely great for getting the chance to shoot something new. Usually let someone know what you are looking for and it's pretty amazing the spread everyone has

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Absolutely! Looking forward to it.

Someone ask gunbunnies if Shoop's CP will let us have the back room for M&E.

larcat

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 27, 2020
    NWI
    Jedi - come to the October one so you can do a proper north of 30 shooting technique workshop.

Only if you hate apple and glocks and you must shoot your hipoint sideways with your other hand down your pants.

Then maybe we will may you and honorary thug.
    What is your stance on raccoons?:rofl:

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The Shoot threadhas been a ting as an After Action Report. Not much else to say.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi - come to the October one so you can do a proper north of 30 shooting technique workshop.

Jedi can begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    Jedi suspects that by 2021 personal and work life will finally settle down and be drama free. It's been a long 5 years.

U realize if jedi goes you WILL get a hug right?
    When is the oct one? Jedi has been working 6-7 days a week that time is meaningless right now.

As for ballstarter98... :xmad:
    Off the xmass list he goes. Granted santa ain't visiting any of u cause of COVID-19

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom