NWI INGO General Post Part 18 - Legal now!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Apparently roughly 15% of the people who get the vaccine are temporarily disabled And unable to function normally for 2-4 days. Guess I’m one of the gold ticket winners.

I still recommend throat punching the doctor.

I’m flat on my back, muscle pain everywhere from fingers to feet. Fever, sweats, freezing, shivers, headache, muscle/joint pain, injection site swelling and bruising (and very sore). Calling this miserable is a dramatic understatement.

That is what u get for living south of us30 and trying to use modern medicine! Stick to the banjos and raccoons.:p

Just relax and take it easy you will bounce back in no time.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Apparently roughly 15% of the people who get the vaccine are temporarily disabled And unable to function normally for 2-4 days. Guess I’m one of the gold ticket winners.

I still recommend throat punching the doctor.

I’m flat on my back, muscle pain everywhere from fingers to feet. Fever, sweats, freezing, shivers, headache, muscle/joint pain, injection site swelling and bruising (and very sore). Calling this miserable is a dramatic understatement.

Hope it gets better soon for you!

This is one reason I stay as far away from Dr.s and Big Pharma as possible

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    1/2 way back from South Dakota to pick up the wife and kid and the FIL's and park the boats. The BIL boat slayed the walleye on the late afternoon run yesterday. One guy caught at least a fish at least every 2 minutes. After all the fish frys, each person still brought back 10 filets per person. Pretty sure when I get home tomorrow the wife and kid will be wanting me to cook some up.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I've started counting down the days to my weekend. We've been so busy at work the past 7-8 weeks, its not funny. I'm starting to get worn out. Thought about taking my Bday off Friday and head to Winamac. Cancelled that idea because it'd just set me behind come next week

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I've started counting down the days to my weekend. We've been so bust at work the past 7-8 weeks, its not funny. I'm starting to get worn out. Thought about taking my Bday off Friday and head to Winamac. Cancelled that idea because it'd just set me behind come next week
    Feast or famine. If you need any help get hold of of Jedi and have him train some of his raccoon family to help you out. Pre :happybday:

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    I've started counting down the days to my weekend. We've been so busy at work the past 7-8 weeks, its not funny. I'm starting to get worn out. Thought about taking my Bday off Friday and head to Winamac. Cancelled that idea because it'd just set me behind come next week
    Same here, it’s insane how busy we are, I have 62 hours booked since Monday, more work sitting there than I’ll finish by Friday afternoon probably. Booked 149hrs the last two week pay period and expect this one will be more. On the other hand.....

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Same here, it’s insane how busy we are, I have 62 hours booked since Monday, more work sitting there than I’ll finish by Friday afternoon probably. Booked 149hrs the last two week pay period and expect this one will be more. On the other hand.....

Now's one of the times I wouldn't mind getting paid by the book hour. I'd really be killing it right now. I gave up on book time quite awhile ago for the stability of salary + bonuses. Works out great in the long run, especially when a "pandemic" hits :):

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Our car count for our yard runs in the lower 70's to mid 110's right now during the week and drops to no more than 40 on fri and sat for all 3 shifts. Before when business was good we'd ave 150 to 200 cars inspected for all 3 shifts all week long.

Apparently late last year NS was so close to giving up our yard to the IHB but they rethought it at rhe last minute. Probably because without mechanical department here at Burns Harbor the mainline would be wide open from Pine yard by Gary airport to downtown Laporte without a quick response time for any train delays due to freight car mechanical issues. Chicago or Elkhart would have to respond and it would take at least an hour for either to get to the mainline just east of Chesterton and probably another 30min to navigate the country roads and figure the shortcuts to get to the crossings. The other NS mainline from Knox to Hobart would also be wide open since we do get called for delays from time to time out that way.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Went to St Anthony ER yesterday afternoon because I have been getting more and more short of breath recently. My primary is not seeing patients, and urgent care would not see me because they send chest pain and shortness of breath directly to ER.

They stuck me a total of eight times. Six to try to start and IV, and two more to draw blood after they gave up on the IV. I should have had Wild Deuce there.

Labs and Xray looked good, so they just sent me home with a prescription for an inhaler. We'll see how that works out.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Something about this weather, feeling it in the sinuses. I want to go back to bed more than usual. Oh well. As mentioned, if 8 take a day it just puts me further behind. Almost caught up where I need to be and it's been getting crazy for my work with everything opening again. At least I know I'll stay busy.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt

I'm impressed. You hustle for a old Man.

Do you have a weekly guarantee?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It comes with experience. The book is written to take into account a good mechanic's time.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    Looking at my efficiency rating, some of my jobs are 192% efficient.

I'd be great at a book hour job... But I'm ok with hourly cause I'm paid no matter what. We used to have production bonuses. They took them away but gave me hourly raise....

Since then I don't book nearly half as fast as I used to... They can suck a....

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom