d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Just hit the Meijer in portage. I like to stock up on corned beef this time of year as it's the only time it's on sale. Not a lot of people there. Decided to walk the store. Still no TP and maybe 10 packs of paper towel left. Cleaning supplies still pretty low. Plenty of bread and water. Meat section was pretty slim, especially compared to normal, But was able to score another 20lbs of Corned Beef :rockwoot:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    The Aldi's in Portage was limiting can goods to only 4 of the same type. Found gallon distilled water at Big Lots in Portage for twice the price at Menard's (sold out) but needed it for my CPAP. Found most of what I needed today for grocery's without the crazy people that were out there early last week. :rockwoot:

Last edited:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    The Aldi's in Portage was limiting can goods to only 4 of the same type. Found gallon distilled water at Big Lots in Portage for twice the price at Menard's (sold out) but needed it for my CPAP. Found most of what I needed today for grocery's without the crazy people that were out there early last week. :rockwoot:
    I got my distilled water for my CPAP too, I think from Jewel yesterday. Buck a gallon. Almost forgot about it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Please don't clutter this up with C19 garbage.

Heads up about local lines and stuff is helpful. C19 has many places for those interested.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I actually need a gal on of white vinegar and a gallon of distilled water. I have enough through Saturday.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Ya think the youth event will be cancelled??

I highly doubt it. Outdoors. Not like everyone is crammed into a small room and even on our best year was under, what, 175 total people. Definitely under 200.

Man this fearmongering is getting out of hand, and Jedi, you outta scrap those airline stocks and buy into Big Pharma, because that's whose gonna profit big time from all of this

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I actually need a gal on of white vinegar and a gallon of distilled water. I have enough through Saturday.
    I don't see where you should have a problem getting these two items. May take a little work on your part. Hope the panic shoppers have all the stuff they don't need and the stores can get up to speed stocking their shelf's again.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I highly doubt it. Outdoors. Not like everyone is crammed into a small room and even on our best year was under, what, 175 total people. Definitely under 200.

Man this fearmongering is getting out of hand, and Jedi, you outta scrap those airline stocks and buy into Big Pharma, because that's whose gonna profit big time from all of this
    TP futures are the way to go. Heard it's a square deal.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I just posted that for fun.

We are actually good to go for at least a month at any given time.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I would expect most on here to be able to go a month, some to last years.

If you cannot go a month, you are probably are part of the panic.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I have 1/2 a beef & half a hog in my deep freezer, a well full of water, a full pantry, 2 refrigerators, and extra supplies in the storage room. I'm guessing my family of 3 could live comfortably for 6 months.

Both of us lived on farms and understand that running into town daily was not an option. A lot of folks around here are spoiled running to the store at the drop of a hat, so they pick up items as they go...like only buying a 4 pack of TP on a trip.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom