• Status
    Not open for further replies.

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    Unfortunately, shift workers are familiar with the term.
    Something we dream of.

13hr nightshifter here. I've adopted a week on week off schedule for the last 6 years and it's worked best for me. My week on I check out from the world and just work and sleep. One day to reset, then I've got 5 left to be a normal human. Last day of the off week I stay up as late as I can to sleep as much as I can before going back in.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I got a new whip. So if you old guys/gal get pushed off the road by this car just smile and wave and know it was in malice.

JkSY3Hd.jpg
    Nice. I used to have one. It was like driving in a bubble.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    PSA: The shut down is on the horizon for region schools. What if I told you my corporation just emailed professional development opportunities for live eLearning every 1/2 hour of the work day (with 2 after school) scheduled today? One confirmed case (because several districts bus to a vocational location) links numerous corporation's contact. (I've heard 2 weeks to 30 days depending on the fall of spring break). Just helping folks plan ahead.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    PSA: The shut down is on the horizon for region schools. What if I told you my corporation just emailed professional development opportunities for live eLearning every 1/2 hour of the work day (with 2 after school) scheduled today? One confirmed case (because several districts bus to a vocational location) links numerous corporation's contact. (I've heard 2 weeks to 30 days depending on the fall of spring break). Just helping folks plan ahead.

Told the wife last night I bet schools would shut down for at least a couple weeks. Sounding like might shut It down next week with spring break the week after.

I was figuring they'd shut it down after spring break for an additional 2 weeks

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana

I had signed up for two of the Shipshewana on the Road shows, Porter Co. on Mar 21-22 and Lake Co. on Apr 25-26. I just got this email today:

Dear Customers and Vendors:

We have made the difficult decision to cancel the Shipshewana On The Road Kokomo, IN show (March 14/15, 2020) due to the recent announcement made by Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb this evening. Governor Holcomb stated "non-essential gatherings must be limited to no more than 250 people. This includes any event or gathering of people who are in one room or a single space at the same time". Safety of guests and vendors is our top priority and we appreciate your understanding and support.

Currently, we do not have the option to reschedule in the spring 2020 season although the show March 13 and 14, 2021 remains scheduled. We understand that many community members and vendors look forward to this show and we empathize with your disappointment. Again, thank you for your understanding and support of this difficult decision.

If you are a vendor, Shipshewana On The Road will refund booth fees paid for this show or roll any fees paid for Kokomo into another show you have signed up to attend. The refund could take a couple of weeks so please be patient.

Regards,
    Greg

I'm almost sure the Valparaiso show next weekend will be next. At least I'll get my $185 booth rent back.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Does this mean extra Range Time? If so, not all bad!! Ya'll still get paid, right?

Nope. From 9-3 weekdays, I'm a prisoner in my home troubleshooting...with my wife and kid around too. Now, canceled school waiver day would be another story. :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom