• Status
    Not open for further replies.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I've always been under the impression that anything court related you had to be sworn in under 'god'. Phrases like "sworn the jury in".... I guess it doesn't have to be sworn into "God" or under the Bible...? Just an oath of character...?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It is unConstitutional to force a person to swear on a Bible or before God.

As for me I firmly believe in the Bible and God. The Bible instructs me to only give my word and never swear by Heaven, The God of Heaven or anything else.

They always say swear or affirm and I always say "I affirm".

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I understand it's a con right that we have and we should excersize it, but maybe when I'm 40 or older I'll have time for this, but right now I have zero time to deal with the BS.

I'll continue to state my reasons as to why I can't sit on a jury. How can I sware by a God I don't believe in

You are messed up.

You are indicted for a crime you did not commit and you wan ]t your jury to be composed of welfare recipients and people that have nothing better to do.

THIS!!!

I want a jury of my peers. Not a jury of drug addled morons.

I've always been under the impression that anything court related you had to be sworn in under 'god'. Phrases like "sworn the jury in".... I guess it doesn't have to be sworn into "God" or under the Bible...? Just an oath of character...?
    The actual ending verbiage of the oath that is administered in the Grand Jury hearings is "... so help you god."

No specificity as to what type of God, (as in a big "G" referring to the singular Christian or Hebrew or to little "g" misc belief sets) religious belief, etc. No Bible is there. No Quoran. No nothing.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    But jedi thinks that is what ctc is against.
    "So help you g..." why? Ctc does not believe in any g... so why ask for help from a g... if you dont believe.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I understand it's a con right that we have and we should excersize it, but maybe when I'm 40 or older I'll have time for this, but right now I have zero time to deal with the BS.

I'll continue to state my reasons as to why I can't sit on a jury. How can I sware by a God I don't believe in

I had to serve on a jury when I was over 40, and it doesn't get any easier, as far as having time for it. I was denied an exemption, even though I run a small business and it truly was inconvenient to serve. It turned out to be an interesting experience, and I'm glad I did it. Mostly I was very impressed with the other jurors I served with. A very diverse and mostly intelligent group of individuals.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Mother Nature is having fun messing around with the local weather. Yesterday afternoon snow and today up to 40 degrees and tonight the temperatures will drop to the single digits.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Hey Jedi, we got your snow. When are coming around to collect it? You can have all of it that is in my driveway.

I drove back from St. Paul, MN yesterday in the storm. Over 9 hours of winter fun.

But! I am done with work for the month.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This is NOT snow!
    The jedi van is NOT even covered in thiehite stuff. Jedi can still see the windows and tires. Heck the driveway and street are not covered either.
    #fakenews!!!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    This is NOT snow!
    The jedi van is NOT even covered in thiehite stuff. Jedi can still see the windows and tires. Heck the driveway and street are not covered either.
    #fakenews!!!
    That's only because you didn't collect everyone's snow and take it home with you.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I've seen nothing but rain from SE IN to Fair Oaks while hauling my annual 1/2 beef & 1/2 hog back home.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    THIS!!!

I want a jury of my peers. Not a jury of drug addled morons.

The actual ending verbiage of the oath that is administered in the Grand Jury hearings is "... so help you god."

No specificity as to what type of God, (as in a big "G" referring to the singular Christian or Hebrew or to little "g" misc belief sets) religious belief, etc. No Bible is there. No Quoran. No nothing.

I would refuse, and offer to affirm. A s far as I am concerned there is only one G-D and I will not take His name in vain. Otherwise I suppose I would be in contempt of court and serving my 30 days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom