Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    But u are in indy!
    U gonna drive up here for the ammo?
    If we are serious I think we would have to do it in quantities of day 1k per slot. That comes out to about 273.60 per slot.

Not sure if that is a good deal or not.
    Does anyone know?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    .27 per round seems to be average price right now for 1k cases. This being almost 14 cases of 1k I would think the price should be better.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    But u are in indy!
    If we are serious I think we would have to do it in quantities of day 1k per slot. That comes out to about 273.60 per slot.

Does anyone know?

You can buy decent quality 223, shipped to your door on any given day for that price. Not worth the time and effort in my opinion to go thru the effort of lining up a group buy. I think it'd need to be in the .20 per round range to be worth the hassle

Less than 2 minutes and I found wolf gold, which I dont mind using and is plenty accurate, at a cheaper price.per 1k

https://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/wolf-gold-223-ammo-ammo-can.html

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    And we have a party pooper!!! :p
    Jedi does agree that the price doesn't seem right based on that volume. However, it did get me thinking. How much does a pallet really cost?

I'm sure in that link it's the barrel n shipping that has been added.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    And we have a party pooper!!! :p
    Jedi does agree that the price doesn't seem right based on that volume. However, it did get me thinking. How much does a pallet really cost?

I'm sure in that link it's the barrel n shipping that has been added.

I like being a party pooper.

It's not a bad deal but putting together the people to buy then someone has to sit there and count it all out too.

Couple dollars more for Hornady frontier spire point 55gr per 1k

https://carolinamunitions.com/front...point-1000-round-ultra-case.html?asaid=as0004

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    But u are in indy!

Does anyone know?

You're right. I thought about how far it was after I opened my mouth.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, the snow made a nice backdrop for me to video the Christmas light display.
    I video'd 5 of the songs. For some reasons, the show is skipping one. And that threw off my video of another song.
    So, I'll try to rewrite the show tomorrow and get those songs videos.
    The other 5 right now are being converted from the file I recorded them in, to a smaller file that won't take 3 days to upload to youtube

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Need new tires for the van.
    Looking at doing 65k mile ones this time around vs the 85k jedi did 5 years ago as this van has 24 months before jedi gets something new.

In any case jedi prior tire purchases have been at sear auto centers. But sadly those are no more. So where should jedi go? Or where should jedi avoid.

Van will need a wheel alignment as well.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I have had good luck with Discount Tire. Go to their website and make an appointment. You can also check prices and whether the tires you want are in stock.

The company I used to work for used Tire Barn with pretty good results. We had 15 vehicles we had to keep in tires.

Between Discount Tire and Tire Barn I would say go with the one with the best pricing on the tires you want.

Anyone deal with Belle Tire? They are new to the area. You might get a good price there if they are still trying to build a clientele.

The Discount Tire & Tire Barn I have experience with are the ones near Southlake Mall.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Since you guys are on slow time let me tell you 2020 isn't much different than 2019, you'll se in about half an hour.
    Happy New Year fellas

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have had good luck with Discount Tire. Go to their website and make an appointment. You can also check prices and whether the tires you want are in stock.

The company I used to work for used Tire Barn with pretty good results. We had 15 vehicles we had to keep in tires.

Between Discount Tire and Tire Barn I would say go with the one with the best pricing on the tires you want.

Anyone deal with Belle Tire? They are new to the area. You might get a good price there if they are still trying to build a clientele.

The Discount Tire & Tire Barn I have experience with are the ones near Southlake Mall.

Before I learned the joys of Discount Tire, I had a quote from Sams Club for some sport tires for my roadster, and just happen to stop by Discount Tire and they beat the price: I was amazed!
    Been with them now for over 10 yrs.
    Switching out my summer & winter tires for free was a big factor (they are on their own separate rims).
    I sometimes will have a quote from an online place where I research tires and they will match it (after taking into account shipping).

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    If anyone is going to the laporte county gun auction at the fairgrounds im in the back left row black hoodie.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom