Not open for further replies.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    On a happier note I had fun shooting trap at the Michigan City Rifle Club earlier tonight. They do this every Thursday night at 6 pm and it is open to the public. It costs $4 for a round of 25. It was my first time shooting a shotgun and I shot two rounds of 25 getting 13 hits each time.

Congrats on giving trapshooting a try! GPIW is another option....https://glenparkiw.org/?page_id=24

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Posted on Facebook one hour ago:

"Please be careful if you have to go to Merrillville. Crazy protesters on the corner of Broadway and 61st. They are approaching and punching/ kicking cars in order to get people to look at their signs. Be care out there my friends."

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point

"Please be careful if you have to go to Merrillville. Crazy protesters on the corner of Broadway and 61st. They are approaching and punching/ kicking cars in order to get people to look at their signs. Be care out there my friends."
    completely false. people I know work right there and there is nothing but normal daily traffic. I saw the post's too, so I asked.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I went to the coke plant so that I could get better vacations and be a lot closer to the top of the seniority list. Went from 87 out of 120 to 19 out of 100, ended up at 6 at the time of the shutdown about 15 years later. Then when I went to the last Coke plant they built in East Chicago at what was Inland I was the senior guy in my sequence. So it's not like there wasn't some benefit to working there 20 out of the 30 I put in.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

I was through there multiple times yesterday with no issues. The person who posted that could have done more good by calling the police and reporting it.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Congrats on giving trapshooting a try! GPIW is another option....https://glenparkiw.org/?page_id=24

Thanks for the heads up, I bookmarked the page. The experience was great and I was lucky enough that one of the members there actually loaned me a shotgun to use. I am a probationary member there and when he heard I had never used a shotgun he invited me to use his gun and give it a try. Adds to the dilemma of what gun I'm getting for Father's Day which is also very close to my birthday.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    completely false. people I know work right there and there is nothing but normal daily traffic. I saw the post's too, so I asked.
    Weird, because several people replied and said they experienced the same thing. Don't know who to believe any more. Just thought I'd pass it along.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    And again from Facebook. Take with a grain of salt, but I'm going to post whatever info I see since some have asked for it.

Protests are planned for today, June 5, between Noon to 4 pm CT on Broadway in Gary between 4th and 5th Ave. Please avoid this area during those times when traveling and please stay alert.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And again from Facebook. Take with a grain of salt, but I'm going to post whatever info I see since some have asked for it.

Protests are planned for today, June 5, between Noon to 4 pm CT on Broadway in Gary between 4th and 5th Ave. Please avoid this area during those times when traveling and please stay alert.

Unless I'm going to court or a ball game, I pretty much avoid the area.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Is this what you rednecks and hillbillies do south of us-30?
    [video=youtube_share;bkiVSqY_pjI]https://youtu.be/bkiVSqY_pjI[/video]
    Looks yummy!!!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    LaPorte protest going on. Online, I don't see anyone I know. Guy walking around with an Antifa flag on like a cape.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom