Not open for further replies.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I now have a reason to listen when any ND news comes on. :rockwoot:
    Congratulations to her, great news. Also pretty good school too.

Thanks. We are really proud of her. Honestly I was never a big fan of Notre Dame, my brother went there for college, I went to Wabash. There was a bit of an in-home rivalry of Div 1 "pro-athletes" -vs- Div 3 "for the love of the game" but now sending our 'adopted' daughter there, I have to become a Notre Dame fan.

Typically when I go to ND athletic events its when they are playing Wake Forest University as that is the school our real daughter attended, and where I sent her all her future inheritance money in the form of tuition.

And speaking of our real daughter, she just graduated with a Doctor of Law degree from Indiana University's Mauer Law School, specializing in Intellectual Property and Cyber Security Law, this weekend. She had been working on staff at Cisco Sytems in Silicone Valley, was supposed to then go back to the Bay area for a job at a firm for cloud based storage solutions and then Covid hit so that job fell apart. Family was supposed to fly in for the graduation celebration but instead we heard a lot of swearing over Skype but with a blank screen as some of the participants could not figure out how to turn on their cameras. I found it humorous; apparently it upset some others.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    All the other ones, I sware, are useless... They either don't have what you need or it's frozen.... IMO that's not a butcher shop.... This place has the biggest meat counter I've ever seen.... I can't tell you how many times I've stopped at the other local places or called and all they have is frozen... Yea, F that
    Those butcher shops deal in bulk processing. When you get a side of beef, you get it frozen. 400 lbs of beef takes a while to eat.

They are geared towards a whole different clientele.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks. We are really proud of her. Honestly I was never a big fan of Notre Dame, my brother went there for college, I went to Wabash. There was a bit of an in-home rivalry of Div 1 "pro-athletes" -vs- Div 3 "for the love of the game" but now sending our 'adopted' daughter there, I have to become a Notre Dame fan.

Typically when I go to ND athletic events its when they are playing Wake Forest University as that is the school our real daughter attended, and where I sent her all her future inheritance money in the form of tuition.

And speaking of our real daughter, she just graduated with a Doctor of Law degree from Indiana University's Mauer Law School, specializing in Intellectual Property and Cyber Security Law, this weekend. She had been working on staff at Cisco Sytems in Silicone Valley, was supposed to then go back to the Bay area for a job at a firm for cloud based storage solutions and then Covid hit so that job fell apart. Family was supposed to fly in for the graduation celebration but instead we heard a lot of swearing over Skype but with a blank screen as some of the participants could not figure out how to turn on their cameras. I found it humorous; apparently it upset some others.

Some have no sense of humor, nor realize life never happens how you want it to. Best to just roll with the punches and laugh when you can.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I am drunk enough to join the navy though

It took me like six trys to get that right auto correct kept putting Nazi lol

Then you're NOT ready for the navy.
    Must be able to stand watch and operate complex equipment while inebriated or hungover.
    400x600.jpg.cf.jpg

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    If you're really bored TV, maybe I can subcontract my job to you.
    Then I can stay home.

All you need to know is..
    The damn boss won't order the damn part.
    Or..
    The part has been on order for awhile. Don't know when it'll come in. I told them to order it ASAP, but they don't listen.
    Or..
    Can't replace it while they're Casting. They need to Shutdown.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Lol there's a night and day difference between your bosses and the maintenance bosses in North Sheet. If something needs fixing they might not be quick about it but they get the part eventually. They have a massive boner for keeping the coil banding machines operational.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Lol there's a night and day difference between your bosses and the maintenance bosses in North Sheet. If something needs fixing they might not be quick about it but they get the part eventually. They have a massive boner for keeping the coil banding machines operational.

Oh, my bosses want things to work also.
    They just act surprised and get that Scooby Doo look on their faces when something breaks, and we need a part that I told them they needed to order 6 months previous.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I'm production so I don't know a whole lot about what goes on in maintenance but from what I've seen at least our mtm boss is on the ball as much as his own higher ups allow him to be. Poor bastard is gonna have a stroke one of these days, he has stooges above and below to contend with.

Old Bear

Greyman Apprentice
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 19, 2016
    Newton County
    Oh, my bosses want things to work also.
    They just act surprised and get that Scooby Doo look on their faces when something breaks, and we need a part that I told them they needed to order 6 months previous.

Wow.....we have the same bosses......how come I haven't seen you around? Or have I????:@ya:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Traffic out of city in the afternoon is getting heavier. Yesterday was the first time in over a month that it took 35+ mins. Plus there was one section where it was bummer to bummer not moving for about 5 mins. Sigh

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom