2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Like I said, not major league.

ETA Two tears in my rotator cuff, I throw like Obama, I mean A girl, I mean Obama...

Oh, heck, you figure it out.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Let's hope the 2k a month FAILS!
    That idea is f... insane!
    Thinking of just Jedi, it's a good idea. 12k of free money can do a lot of good for Jedi. But it's not really FREE money as it will bankrupt the USA in the end and Jedi does not want to see that. Plus its just is wrong. If you want money, then work for it. Or do something to earn it.
    But enough on that topic.

OK on the tomatoe.

I agree. No way 2k a month for 6 months is a good idea. Not only bankrupt America(We already are) but will create a whole another group of dependents living off the Gov (Taxpayer)teat.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Let's hope the 2k a month FAILS!
    That idea is f... insane!
    Thinking of just Jedi, it's a good idea. 12k of free money can do a lot of good for Jedi. But it's not really FREE money as it will bankrupt the USA in the end and Jedi does not want to see that. Plus its just is wrong. If you want money, then work for it. Or do something to earn it.
    But enough on that topic.

OK on the tomatoe.

I agree. No way 2k a month for 6 months is a good idea. Not only bankrupt America(We already are) but will create a whole another group of dependents living off the Gov (Taxpayer)teat.

Jedi, I mess with you A lot, but I have to say on this I agree with you wholeheartedly.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

We are NOT bankrupt right now. 85% of the debt we owe is to ourselves in the form of ss. Sp if we eliminate that program proof the debt goes away and we only have 15% debt which is much better.

Granted as is not going away. But will have to have a major overhaul soon. The 2020 ss report hit last week. By 2035 the fund can NOT paid out only 50% pay outside at that time

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    We are NOT bankrupt right now. 85% of the debt we owe is to ourselves in the form of ss. Sp if we eliminate that program proof the debt goes away and we only have 15% debt which is much better.

Granted as is not going away. But will have to have a major overhaul soon. The 2020 ss report hit last week. By 2035 the fund can NOT paid out only 50% pay outside at that time
    How soon will you be able to get SSI?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart

SSI is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, Ponzi schemes in the world.
    Actually amazed it has lasted this long

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Jedi spams me with all sorts of crap via text message. Every once in a while even a pink raccoon finds a pile of trash.

This seems legit, well worth the 2 or 3 minutes it takes to watch =>

[video=youtube;Hspw7Y1Gc5s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hspw7Y1Gc5s&feature=youtu.be[/video]

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    SSI is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest, Ponzi schemes in the world.
    Actually amazed it has lasted this long

How soon will you be able to get SSI?

I know I will be screwed. I'm not eligible for full benefits till 2042

SSI = Supplemental Security Income which is NOT funded by by general taxes not the social security tax on your check. It is administer by the Social Secuity administration.

Jedi was NOT talking about that program being in trouble by 2035. SSA actually runs several different programs

Retirement fund which you can start on at age 62. This fund runs out in 2035.

Disability fund which you can start anytime you become disable provided you worked for xyz time. This fund is out of money in 2065.

Medicare part A pays medical bill. This fund runs out in 2026.

Medicare part c and d called supplemental medical insurance. Not an issue as its funded by general taxes and the user's who use it.

Info on the report here
    https://www.ssa.gov/oact/trsum/

Note that in 6 years medicare is the first one that is in major trouble. So basically whomever comes AFTER trump's 2nd term is screwed! That president will be a 1 term president due to this.

2035 will occur 5 presidents from now. No clue what parrry would be in office then. But that will be when the SHTF!

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Jedi WAS going to tell 1775usmarine to NOT even have the little one in the room as well as the lead particulars are floating in the air if 1775usmarine is tumbling that brass but figured against it.

So yep guess jedi is that.
    Now make sure you get in that black van pulling up soon.
    I wet tumble my brass now.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    One last thing to note is that all SSA programs are really money less right now. There is no bank account with the money in it right now.

There is a 5 drawer dial lock cabinet in SSA HQ with a bunch of US saving bonds. So it's all a paper game. Think of it this way.

Monthly you get $100 in income from your job. You use it all for your monthly expenses: food, housing, car note, etc.

You also write yourself a check every month for $100 and put it in your cabinet. At the end of the year you tell us all that you have $1200 cause you go 12 $100 checks you have not cashed.

Do you really have $1200?
    Hell f... nope! But per your math logic you do.
    That is the SSA math being used.

US saving bonds = IOU = checks with no funds in them.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Man, did it need this IS class! I haven't shot my AR past 425, and connecting at 650 was great. It was great to set up and close out the world. I think I came into this class with the right mindset. Added some new skills which is always fantastic. Sun, fresh air, challenge, comradery, fantastic conditions, essential training, etc. The new range is where it's at!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom