Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yeah, which is why I have been pretty much staying in, and when I do go out, taking strict precautions. I'm the poster child for co-morbidities and my mom is in the primary demographic that is being killed off by this thing.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Thanks, KLB. Masks and gloves at all times when I'm out. Changing gloves if I make more than one stop. Gloves never enter the car except to put them in a garbage bag in the back seat. Quarantining/Lysoling all items that enter the house. Easiest way is to just leave them in the car or the garage for a couple of days, but I'll spray stuff down if I have to.

I'm not letting Mom go anywhere except to ride in the car over to the middle school parking lot where we do our walking. She's got her walker, and the lot is more level and easier to maneuver than sidewalks. I just pile Mom, the walker, and the dogs in the car and we go over and take our walk.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Snap, I think the last time I was out in public without wearing a mask was when you and I met up.

I pretty much never go out. We have a good store of food on our shelves, probably don't have to leave the property, which is a hobby farm size property, but we do like some fresh fruit/veggies. When we need our fresh foods we use on-line ordering and delivery directly into the trunk of the car. But when the grocery store is putting the stuff in the car I am wearing a mask.

We also wash or sanitize all the cans, boxes, bags and bottles that come from the grocery. The only vehicle that goes out to pick stuff up sits out in the sunshine instead of coming into the garage as UV light is known to kill virus cells.

Same when I go to the drive thru at the pharmacy, mask on when pulling up to the pharmacy window. But as that comes into the car it is put onto the passenger floorboard and sprayed with Lysol. Hand sanitizer for my hands.

My wife and I went Leo & Sons to pick up some veggie plants for the garden. Masks and gloves.

I personally find that people become very careless with gloves and tend to treat them wrong. They cross contaminate everything that you touch. So people touch stuff with their gloves they need to wash the gloves, change the gloves or use hand sanitizer with the gloves. People don't understand that. If you have a cut on your hand, wear gloves but wash/toss or sanitize the gloves after touching things just as if you were not wearing any gloves.

We have hand sanitizer and lysol spray in the car.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Snap, I think the last time I was out in public without wearing a mask was when you and I met up.

I pretty much never go out. We have a good store of food on our shelves, probably don't have to leave the property, which is a hobby farm size property, but we do like some fresh fruit/veggies. When we need our fresh foods we use on-line ordering and delivery directly into the trunk of the car. But when the grocery store is putting the stuff in the car I am wearing a mask.

We also wash or sanitize all the cans, boxes, bags and bottles that come from the grocery. The only vehicle that goes out to pick stuff up sits out in the sunshine instead of coming into the garage as UV light is known to kill virus cells.

Same when I go to the drive thru at the pharmacy, mask on when pulling up to the pharmacy window. But as that comes into the car it is put onto the passenger floorboard and sprayed with Lysol. Hand sanitizer for my hands.

My wife and I went Leo & Sons to pick up some veggie plants for the garden. Masks and gloves.

I personally find that people become very careless with gloves and tend to treat them wrong. They cross contaminate everything that you touch. So people touch stuff with their gloves they need to wash the gloves, change the gloves or use hand sanitizer with the gloves. People don't understand that. If you have a cut on your hand, wear gloves but wash/toss or sanitize the gloves after touching things just as if you were not wearing any gloves.

We have hand sanitizer and lysol spray in the car.
    Because of the psoriasis on my hands, I cannot tolerate hand sanitizer. I've constantly got skin that is cracked or peeling. So I just change gloves several times while I'm out, and wash hands well when I get home.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I haven't seen my mom since this all started. She's 78, so it's best not to take any chances.

I have not seen my Mom in person since this started. She is 80. The only person she sees in person right now is my brother-in-law who brings her groceries. He and my sister live near her in Grand Rapids. My sister finished chemo for lymphoma about a month before this mess started and got a find of "no cancer" just a week before. Her family has been on a strict sanitizing and preventative measures program since she started chemo last year.

However, we face time and had a Zoom meeting with my extended family a week ago and another with more immediate family yesterday. My wife talks to her mom (82) on the phone a few times a week. She, likewise, only has personal contact with one family member in Elkhart.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Haven't seen my parents (65 in June & 63 in Sept) since before all this and I don't plan to see them for quite a while.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    The kid has been dying to fly his dragon kite he recently got. Today was the 1st day there was actually wind and wind that wouldn't carry him off.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    :runaway:
    Hook him up to some balloons so he can fly away.
    It will be the best investment you have made. :p
    (According to sadclown!)

Btw has anyone seen or heard from him?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    :runaway:
    Hook him up to some balloons so he can fly away.
    It will be the best investment you have made. :p
    (According to sadclown!)

Btw has anyone seen or heard from him?

I've only seen him at gun shows with Brad...the last show was the Valpo show.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom