repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Still alive and kicking.
    Finally watched the 2017 Wonder Woman movie. Really great movie, much better than DC has put out in this last batch. Looking forward to the newest one. Oh, and new trailer for Top Gun Maverick looks awesome. Finally hollyweird is making good movies again.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Still alive and kicking.
    Finally watched the 2017 Wonder Woman movie. Really great movie, much better than DC has put out in this last batch. Looking forward to the newest one. Oh, and new trailer for Top Gun Maverick looks awesome. Finally hollyweird is making good movies again.

Cause the go woke, go broke is just about coming to an end as 2019 leaves us.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Got the ball rolling with insurance. Talked with their State Farm guy forever. After I explained the accident and my gal sent him pictures, he started down a different discussion. Family physician 1:40 Thursday
    Gerber Collision tomorrow after work to drop off truck.
    Enterprise for the rental after dentist accident checkup this afternoon.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Still alive and kicking.

I really liked Wonder Woman. Plan on seeing WW84. Trivia- the cinematographer (director of photography) of that and WW84 is the son of one of my partners, Region guy.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Only thing found at the dentist was one chipped off part of a filling. Had to make an appointment for that later. They said the ringing ears were likely from the concussion. Got the rental truck. Why do they all have that smell? Collision center estimate tomorrow.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    God I hope so. I am tired of them trying to social engineer me with their movies. There have been a bunch I won't bother to watch because of it
    Agree with Jedi and you. Seriously hope so. I'll probably still see the new Star Wars, but won't be at the theatre, I'm already hearing it's not great. Episode 7 wasn't bad, wasn't great either but I could watch it. 8, I've seen once and it's plot was so crap and against everything established in the first 7 movies that I just about refuse to see it again.
    And there were quite a couple that didn't look good in previews and heard they SJW, so not even watching them either.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I really liked Wonder Woman. Plan on seeing WW84. Trivia- the cinematographer (director of photography) of that and WW84 is the son of one of my partners, Region guy.
    That's some pretty cool trivia.
    Also looking forward to WW84, which was kind of why I remembered that I needed to watch the earlier one.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    God I hope so. I am tired of them trying to social engineer me with their movies. There have been a bunch I won't bother to watch because of it

I'm also getting really tired of commercials with the social engineering agenda.
    I won't be specific, but I think: really?!
    Just the facts please, when trying to sell me something, I really don't need my thinking to be guided by the world's philosophies & portrayals of how society should be in a perfect world.
    I'm old fashioned and think that kindness enveloped in the old adage: Treat others as you want to be treated, works just fine. :coffee:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm also getting really tired of commercials with the social engineering agenda.
    I won't be specific, but I think: really?!

Just the facts please, when trying to sell me something, I really don't need my thinking to be guided by the world's philosophies & portrayals of how society should be in a perfect world.
    I'm old fashioned and think that kindness enveloped in the old adage: Treat others as you want to be treated, works just fine. :coffee:
    Double Ditto on all that. My wife, far more open minded than I, tends to vocalize the silliness that is broadcast during commercial breaks.

It is getting well beyond silly.

Seriously when you look at some of these you have to wonder "what fractional % of the population is like THAT?" and "who the heck are they trying to sell this product to?" given that these commercials feature very atypical homes, relationships, people, etc.

t-squared

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2012
    Crown Point
    Does anyone know of a person or business with an oil burning furnace fairly local? I've got some I'm going to turn in but will gladly deliver to someone who can use it.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Agree with Jedi and you. Seriously hope so. I'll probably still see the new Star Wars, but won't be at the theatre, I'm already hearing it's not great. Episode 7 wasn't bad, wasn't great either but I could watch it. 8, I've seen once and it's plot was so crap and against everything established in the first 7 movies that I just about refuse to see it again.
    And there were quite a couple that didn't look good in previews and heard they SJW, so not even watching them either.

YouTube has the confirmed leaks if you want a quick recap.
    I won't spoil it here but wow what a dumpster fire it will be.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Does anyone know of a person or business with an oil burning furnace fairly local? I've got some I'm going to turn in but will gladly deliver to someone who can use it.

If you're ever in the Lake Station area you could bring it by the shop where I work.

Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    So another 1/2 sibling from a different mama.
    Man dad sure did get around. :p

Two years ago I discovered seven half siblings that I never knew existed from a bio-father that I never knew existed. Every single one of them is a gun-shooting, God-fearing, Trump-loving Republican. They've welcomed me into the family in a loving and mighty way. Could have gone much worse for me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom