Not open for further replies.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I lived in South Haven for 15 years. We never once had an “official” 4th of July fireworks show....but it’s not like we didn’t have war-zone like celebrations.
    We will still have the war zone fireworks. We have them at every house around us. My Daisy loses her mind. I've tried tranquilizers, ThunderShirts, etc, but nothing fazes her.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Not enough cash flow perhaps.
    Expect to see more of this as the little stores cant handle being shutdown for so long. :(

Eventually others will take its place but jedi is being selfish and a bit worried about jedi's schoop. The big ones like MCD and BK can weather the storm.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Yep, lots of little businesses going to be destroyed and take years to get back. Most are already running close before 2 or 3 months without income. As pointed out, the corporations will be able to handle it way better but even those won't be doing well after this. Travel industry will be decimated because who can afford to vacation after this? Most will be waiting at least a year if not more. Hotels and tourism will be pretty screwed too.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    https://www.nwitimes.com/business/l...14efff3d4c.html#tracking-source=home-trending

Hmm.. That's funny... They already started rehabbing a restaurant to return down here WEEKS ago... Now they're claiming covid caused them to shut down valpo store.....?

HMMM
    Wasn't it Rahm Emanuel who said "Never let a crisis go to waste!" while mayor of Chiraq?

Ditto applies here. The restaurant, newly refurbished during the shutdown, just got free publicity and people will flock to the grand opening to support it.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Half way to another fun filled stay at home weekend. Did learn I have to apply for unemployment on Saturday night before 9:00 P.M. not Sunday morning like the old rules and now can get this by way of direct deposit. Guess I should have read all the information.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Nope!

There will be NO easter.
    There will be NO mothers day.

4th of July jedi is betting is iffy but by then we should be ok.

It may have something to do with when the fireworks have to be ordered and the money involved when you don't know what this will do to revenue.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    https://www.nwitimes.com/business/l...14efff3d4c.html#tracking-source=home-trending

Hmm.. That's funny... They already started rehabbing a restaurant to return down here WEEKS ago... Now they're claiming covid caused them to shut down valpo store.....?

HMMM

I liked the place.

The construction on US 30 and SR 2 virtually cut them off from traffic and obliterated their business last summer into fall, now this. They had plans to expand, now its do what you can to survive.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    It may have something to do with when the fireworks have to be ordered and the money involved when you don't know what this will do to revenue.
    That's what I was thinking. It's a big investment in both the fireworks and the parade floats only to have it canceled later anyway.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom