Not open for further replies.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This might be interesting. New cops like show following Lake County first responders.

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local...cle_60b0791d-bba3-520e-ad85-c193ef5da379.html

Oo, Oo, Oo, Oo, Oo... Oo, Oo, Oo. Now I need to get stopped and explain that IC 35-45-2 DOES NOT say that HAVE to inform, Conceal Carry or have my LTCH on my person.

Yea no thanks, not clicking any nwi times links.... Page fills up with spam and begging for money and only displays 1/3 of the article. Joke

The site tells me I have to join every time, But I close it and reopen it and it allows me to read the article. I have a really good add blocker.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Oldest daughter and grandson in town for the weekend. Great weather for the smoker. Got a pork butt on the smoker about 9am this morning.

15p0h0p.jpg

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Wouldn't it figure. Weathermen call for no rain today so i have pork butt in the smoker, put up the pool and now looks like a nice tstorm gonna hit in a few minutes. :xmad:

Last edited:

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Well, my wife just left for NC for our daughter's wedding next weekend. I'll head out with our other daughter and her fiance' on Wednesday, and a son and hsi girlfriend head out on Thursday. Older son and his family arrive Friday. The whole clan will be together again!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Damaging winds, hail, and an isolated tornado will be possible this afternoon and evening. An initial round of showers and thunderstorms will likely move through the area this morning. A second round is expected this afternoon and evening near an approaching cold front. These storms will have the potential to become severe. :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for the animals to start pairing up.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Do you think anyone but the one righteous man in all the earth noticed?

There is also a promise that He will not do that again.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I try to keep enough to make it through a normal disaster that lasts a week or so. I could probably make it a month. Beyond that my wits and outdoors man and military skills would need to be relied upon.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I try to keep enough to make it through a normal disaster that lasts a week or so. I could probably make it a month. Beyond that my wits and outdoors man and military skills would need to be relied upon.

We could eat for at least a month on the food we have, and we'd be set for TP too :). Water would be a different story. I have two empty 5-gallon bottles that I need to clean out and fill, and it wouldn't hurt to pick up a few cases of bottled water.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I always have enough on hand for 1 month minimum for the 3 of us left in the house as well as all the animals. Could probably go a bit longer if needed, but itd be a lot of beans and rice

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I always have enough on hand for 1 month minimum for the 3 of us left in the house as well as all the animals. Could probably go a bit longer if needed, but itd be a lot of beans and rice

But beans and rice require a lot of water to cook, so keep that in mind also.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom