• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    Wild Deuce,

I found a range that allows shooters to fast draw from a holster. There is a gun shop and range called Guntown.

It is on Route 30, east of Valpo. If I had to guess, it is probably 20-25 miles past Valpo. They have an outdoor, covered handgun range. It is 25 yards long

I asked an employee yesterday if they allow drawing from the holster. He said yes, as long as you are not a f***Ing idiot. Those were his words

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Not too bad out. Granted chemo destroyed my ability to deal with weather changes. Oh well, a little brisk isn't bad, even if I'm still layered up.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    To me this a huge waste of taxpayer money! Hobart wants all round-a-bouts on 61st ave from Rt51 to I65

How about we fix the damn streets that have been dilapidated for years!

https://www.chicagotribune.com/subu...hobart-marcella-roundabout-st-0507-story.html

Don, I don't know your situations in Hobart, but Schererville put one in a couple years ago at Cline Ave and 77th Ave, just south of 30, that helped traffic a lot. It was always a problem during morning and afternoon rush hours, but not any more.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Don, I don't know your situations in Hobart, but Schererville put one in a couple years ago at Cline Ave and 77th Ave, just south of 30, that helped traffic a lot. It was always a problem during morning and afternoon rush hours, but not any more.

Along 61st ave, especially towards the east side traffic is never horrible. They already put one in at Wisconsin st amd 61st ave which was absolutely pointless. It was a T intersection where there was only a stop sign for those turning off Wisconsin onto 61st ave. Have lived and been driving in this area for 27+ years and never had to wait more than 30 seconds or so to be able to turn.
    In the article where they talk about 12 minute waits, i call absolute BS. I travel that way frequently and have never had a wait of more than 2 minutes. Cant wait to see the traffic issues when semis are trying to go thru the deliver goods to Family Express, Wendys, McDonalds, Menards, plus many more stores right there.
    Big, big waste of money and the crap this city is spending money in is really starting to **** me off.
    I just keep reminding myself in roughly 2 years we will be moving a little East, buying some property, and getting the hell out of Lake County

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It is the shape of things to come.

The triple in Valpo is a nightmare for me. If you are not local and are listening to GPS is kraxzie!

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Along 61st ave, especially towards the east side traffic is never horrible. They already put one in at Wisconsin st amd 61st ave which was absolutely pointless. It was a T intersection where there was only a stop sign for those turning off Wisconsin onto 61st ave. Have lived and been driving in this area for 27+ years and never had to wait more than 30 seconds or so to be able to turn.
    In the article where they talk about 12 minute waits, i call absolute BS. I travel that way frequently and have never had a wait of more than 2 minutes. Cant wait to see the traffic issues when semis are trying to go thru the deliver goods to Family Express, Wendys, McDonalds, Menards, plus many more stores right there.
    Big, big waste of money and the crap this city is spending money in is really starting to **** me off.
    I just keep reminding myself in roughly 2 years we will be moving a little East, buying some property, and getting the hell out of Lake County

I agree, that roundabout (while nice I didn't have to stop) was not an issue and a throw away of money.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    It is the shape of things to come.

The triple in Valpo is a nightmare for me. If you are not local and are listening to GPS is kraxzie!

Theres a triple by Notre Dame i go thru when we go visit my oldest daughter. Im sure it helps on game days but usually when we go to visit it seems more like a speedbump to make you slow down more than anything

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I agree, that roundabout (while nice I didn't have to stop) was not an issue and a throw away of money.

It seems like everytime i go that way coming down wisconsin st theres traffic coming thru and i practically have to stop anyway. Occasionally it works out but prior to the roundabout being there if there was no traffic i didnt come to a complete stop anyway:cool:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Wild Deuce,

I found a range that allows shooters to fast draw from a holster. There is a gun shop and range called Guntown.

It is on Route 30, east of Valpo. If I had to guess, it is probably 20-25 miles past Valpo. They have an outdoor, covered handgun range. It is 25 yards long

I asked an employee yesterday if they allow drawing from the holster. He said yes, as long as you are not a f***Ing idiot. Those were his words

well he is a snob so does that rule him out. :)
    never heard of that place however.
    how much was the range fee?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    oh its not a waste of money.
    u just need to follow the money to see the real reason you are going to get them. someone is making lots of $$$ from it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom