Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I read the books and i am definitely bitter he basically threw all the original fans under the bus...and he is still promoting the lie he will finish them...i gave up on that after the show started exploding...he could at least come out and say he will no longer finish them or pass the torch to someone who is actually willing and capable
    Agree with that. It's like he kinda lost interest in book 5, but needed to keep going. Now the show is doing it for him. But it would be nice if he passed the torch to complete those books. I loved some of the back story and plot lines in the book that were skimmed over in the show until something surprised the audience but the book readers already knew about the plot within a plot. Like who killed King Joffery.
    Sadly I'm rewatching because it's been so long I'd really stopped caring about 3/4 of the characters. I still have a few favorites but like Walking Dead, it got where I don't care.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    We stopped watching walking dead when they brought the governor back and he was getting ready to attack the prison. We stopped Fear the Walking dead a couple of seasons ago because it got boring.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Anyone know any more information on the Merrillville Aldi FBI raid? The reports say they intervened to stop a "violent crime" but no one will comment until/unless charges are filed.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    violent crime was probably because aldi has a tendancy of moving things around all the time on their shelfs to FORCE you to walk and hunt the entire store.

plus they get a "special buy" item and then never bring it back!
    or they constantly adjust the qty/shape of their items.
    case in point baby wipes use to be $1.99 for a 72 pack.
    they changes it to a 3pack but each with only 60 wipes and the price went to 5.40 or .3 cents per wipe. to the common person it seems cheaper sincs it was $2 before so 3 packs would be $6 and now its only 5.40. but the wipe count went down and the wipe size also shrinked by a little.
    :xmad:

a...h....!!! all the food stores play these games all the time.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    violent crime was probably because aldi has a tendancy of moving things around all the time on their shelfs to FORCE you to walk and hunt the entire store.

plus they get a "special buy" item and then never bring it back!
    or they constantly adjust the qty/shape of their items.
    case in point baby wipes use to be $1.99 for a 72 pack.
    they changes it to a 3pack but each with only 60 wipes and the price went to 5.40 or .3 cents per wipe. to the common person it seems cheaper sincs it was $2 before so 3 packs would be $6 and now its only 5.40. but the wipe count went down and the wipe size also shrinked by a little.
    :xmad:

a...h....!!! all the food stores play these games all the time.
    That is SOP for corporations. Manufacturers have been shrinking the sizes of their packages for a long time. Consumers tend to be very gullible. Just like a store with post a product as 5 for $10 instead of $2 each. A number of people will buy 5 not thinking of the fact that the sign does not say you must buy 5.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That will teach them!

You think sending them letters and emails teaches them anything? They don't care about your opinion. They only care about votes and they have those wrapped up already because they have the correct letter next to their name on the ballot.

The worst thing about the "Silent treatment" is nobody knows they are getting it.

Pete Visclosky has never seen an infringement he did not like. I write him all the time and tell him he is an oathbreaker and I know he will vote for any infringement coming up. I tell him I cannot wait until he is unemployed.

He never will be voted out, because he "Brings home the bacon to NWI, but I can hope.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    But I still remind him that he took an oath to uphold the Constitution often.

Why should he not ever hear from us just because we know he'll never do the right thing.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    We stopped watching walking dead when they brought the governor back and he was getting ready to attack the prison. We stopped Fear the Walking dead a couple of seasons ago because it got boring.
    We are still watching Walking Dead, but other than Negan and Darryl, don't care on most of the rest. Boring

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    We are still watching Walking Dead, but other than Negan and Darryl, don't care on most of the rest. Boring

Pretty much in agreement with you on this.

Even Carol is boring now. She used to be the ultimate cold calculating b!t(h.

But I still remind him that he took an oath to uphold the Constitution often.

Why should he not ever hear from us just because we know he'll never do the right thing.

I think its better to write short criticisms about his actions to the news papers. Shine the disinfecting light of truth on the Washington cockroaches.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Got a list in case someone needs steered your way?
    CZ75B Omega plus mags, ammo, and engraved grips....
    Engraved Smith Model 60 with pearl grips (but I have some walnut grips if the pearl is not somebody's thing), a nickel plated 3" model 36, a nickel plated 4" model 10 with stag grips, a blued 4" model 10 with diamond magna grips, a 4" 686, a model 19 and a 649.
    And the Colt Agent that you muled up to me from Indy, Ballstater. It's got too much kick for my liking. Still in the original box with only a handful of rounds through it.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    CZ75B Omega plus mags, ammo, and engraved grips....
    Engraved Smith Model 60 with pearl grips (but I have some walnut grips if the pearl is not somebody's thing), a nickel plated 3" model 36, a nickel plated 4" model 10 with stag grips, a blued 4" model 10 with diamond magna grips, a 4" 686, a model 19 and a 649.
    And the Colt Agent that you muled up to me from Indy, Ballstater. It's got too much kick for my liking. Still in the original box with only a handful of rounds through it.

I'll keep my ears open. Quite a list, hope you sell 'em fast so you don't have to lug all that steel around.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom