Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    For anyone here with kids younger than mine:

Word to the wise. In 20 years no one is going to remember trick or treating on a dry 52 degree day. You will ALWAYS fondly remember the time you went out in the snow and brought home a HAUL because of all the delicate doilies who kept their equally soft kids home.

We were out there. Lousey days bring in big hauls as folks unload their bowls thinking attendance will be down. At our house, near closing time, I have the last visitor(s) open up their treat bags and I unload the bowl. Their eyes are always priceless.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Once when I was a kid and it snowed on Halloween, most of the people gave us handfuls of candy and one lady just gave us the whole giant variety bags(Snickers, Butterfingers, etc all mixed together) because we were only the second group that came and it was getting late.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Daughter got a pretty good haul!

Standing water everywhere. It's going to be a ice skating rink everywhere tomorrow morning

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    THIS!!! Its not fair she has so much candy and others dont.
    Apply the candy tax for you and then apply the welfare tax so she has to give some to those kids that did not do it at school.

Ask her for a piece and she'll share without a problem, but tell her she has to give some to someone that was to lazy or soft to go on there own.....she knows better than that. You have to earn it!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    That is how taxes work!
    Those on welfare have not earned it.
    Halloween time is the BEST time to teach them the theft the .Gov does with a currency she (kids) understand.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    No one came to my house. :(

Same. Kid kept asking where all the trick or treaters were. I visited the neighbor and took a coloring book and sticker book for their 2 year old. Then we hopped in the truck to visit our 2A friendly dentists. (Yes, they pass out candy, not lame raisins or toothbrushes). Job security ya know.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Shoot, if I was a dentist, I'd be passing out the most tooth rotting candies I could find. Making potential customers, y'know? I guess that could be considered unethical though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom