Not open for further replies.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I'm itching to do some trading for a snub nose pre lock Smith 38spl. I got 2 unmarked boxes of semi jacketed 38 hollow points with federal and winchester head stamps that was supposedly from a retired cops stash. I think I paid 20 for both full boxes a few years ago from my barber. Fired 5 of each in an lcr that worked great but ended up trading that lcr for a yugo sks.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    I'm itching to do some trading for a snub nose pre lock Smith 38spl. I got 2 unmarked boxes of semi jacketed 38 hollow points with federal and winchester head stamps that was supposedly from a retired cops stash. I think I paid 20 for both full boxes a few years ago from my barber. Fired 5 of each in an lcr that worked great but ended up trading that lcr for a yugo sks.

J-frame or K-frame?

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Might be rescuing a firearm from destruction by the Michigan City PD. We'll see if she contacts me.
    Hopefully you can save that poor firearm. I just want money for my dead one, lol, no one can revive that one lol. Not sure about running that far either so, we'll see

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Hopefully you can save that poor firearm. I just want money for my dead one, lol, no one can revive that one lol. Not sure about running that far either so, we'll see

Have you tried contacting armscor? I read in a thread from 2014 they work on them. Could be a try to see.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    jedi has standards, very low mind you but jedi is afraid redneck funds are currently not accepted for the death star for fear that those rednecks will bring raccoons on board the ds.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    jedi has standards, very low mind you but jedi is afraid redneck funds are currently not accepted for the death star for fear that those rednecks will bring raccoons on board the ds.

Raccoons already have the plans for the DS and know how to access it already.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I've shot my fair share but generally leave them to the woods.

If they try to invade my house or if they are diseased or if the dogs tear them up then I will dispatch them.

In my 24+ years on this property, with a house that is 2/3rds surrounded by woods, I've had 1 that tried to get in and couldn't be chased off.

Maybe 2 that were diseased and clearly in some sort of medical distress (possibly rabid???).

Perhaps 8 raccoons, as many rabbits and a couple feral cats that got into the fenced dog area that were then torn up by my Akita's but somehow still alive and were simply put out of their misery by a bullet to end their suffering.

My general rule is that if wildlife is in the wild and I'm not planning to eat it then it is welcome to go about its life. Attempt entry and you are a target. Mess with my dogs and you are likely a meal or perhaps just learn a really bad lesson.
    That's pretty much the same way I look at things. Yotes and opossums are what I deal with. The coyotes are less bothersome now that we have our Maremmas, but they cost me a bit of sleep if they get too close. We had an opossum move into our barn once, which I ended up shooting. That is one critter that I make sure stay away from the front of the property. They carry a parasite that can kill horses. Our pony got it from that one that was in the barn. It almost killed him.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    That's pretty much the same way I look at things. Yotes and opossums are what I deal with. . .

Plenty of both of those here too but so far neither have been a problem. I had all sorts of opossum intruders in my trash cans when I lived in Highland but pretty sure I've had zero issues with them in my wildlife free zones out there. Coyotes come right up to the house at night. They've killed little critters and howled under the bedroom window more than once but we've never had any sort of up-close-and-personal encounter with coyotes. A tall & stout fenced dog yard keeps the dogs and coyotes apart. I see them when I'm out on the tractor during the day, for some reason the diesel engine doesn't spook them?

Chipmunks are my bane out here. Cute as heck to watch but they try to get into everything!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom