Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Happy Independence Day All!

Cooler stocked with Yuengling, lots of fireworks ready for tonight and have been in the pool since 9am.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Went to Lowe's to order a new freezer. Now to hope that the old one keeps stuff cold enough until it gets here. They're having a good appliance sale if anyone needs anything. We got a new Whirlpool upright (15.7 cu ft) for $485 out the door and delivered, plus we will get $50 by having NIPSCO pick the old one up.

Last edited:

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Beautiful day! Parade, kid hit the kiddie rides, watched the turtle races, lunch, nap, my Cincinnati Reds won and at 3.5 games out of 1st place. Grilling with some suds while the kid and wife are working on Tball skills. Town fireworks later.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Slept well last night.

One of the dogs was not thrilled, he's a bit skittish. Gunshots don't bother him. Thunder scares the heck out of him. Fireworks seem to be in-between gunshots and thunder. They upset him but its not horrible. We gave him a partial dose of tranquilizer we got from the vet's office. Seemed to calm him down and let him sleep.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Train and train station pretty empty this morning. Got gas and traffic was almost nonexistent. Almost felt like an end of the world movie. No zombies though

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They are still sleeping in from their holiday from laying around taking a check.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Long rough night. Daisy (terrier/chihuahua mix) is NOT a fan of the fireworks. We have tried a thundershirt and three different meds from the vet, and nothing fazes her. So it was an entire night of booms and frantic barking as she ran from one end of the house to the other. She is literally hoarse this morning. This was the worst of it, but the rest of the month will be on and off. Yet another reason that I ****ing hate summer.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Long rough night. Daisy (terrier/chihuahua mix) is NOT a fan of the fireworks. We have tried a thundershirt and three different meds from the vet, and nothing fazes her. So it was an entire night of booms and frantic barking as she ran from one end of the house to the other. She is literally hoarse this morning. This was the worst of it, but the rest of the month will be on and off. Yet another reason that I ****ing hate summer.
    Not a fan of thundershirts. Didn't work for our two dogs.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Not a fan of thundershirts. Didn't work for our two dogs.
    I tried it on her a couple of nights ago, and when I saw that it was not going to work, I picked a couple of dog hairs off, put it back in the box, and took it back. $45 is highway robbery anyway, especially if it does not work.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I tried it on her a couple of nights ago, and when I saw that it was not going to work, I picked a couple of dog hairs off, put it back in the box, and took it back. $45 is highway robbery anyway, especially if it does not work.
    Have to wonder how many people find out the hard way? :spend:

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Works for a ton of dogs I know

This girl has energy like I've never seen. We've tried benedryl, valium, acepromazine, and this new gel Sileo, and nothing touches her. She just frantically runs the length of the house (or yard) every time she hears a boom. Last night when I was trying to sleep, I got to wondering if I could put earplugs in her ears--either the foam kind or the silicone kind.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom