Not open for further replies.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    I've heard several stories just like yours, mostly from several years ago. They must have had a Barney Fife type Range officer at one time who didn't know the law. I've been going there for a few years now and never had an issue. Last year, they re-built the whole place and put a lot of money into it. It's now leased to a husband and wife team and costs $7 an hour, but the facilities are topnotch. The fee to shoot has cut down on some of the traffic, but I seem to have bad luck with the big boomers showing up when I show up.

Thanks, forgot about their upgrade and fee. This weekend went to another free range and had a blast. Able to shoot multiple targets and rapidly. Shot bowling pins too, great time and my P228 just ran amazing. Hoping we get another chance or two to go this year.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Wife sent me this about an hour ago. Apparently guy was drunk and tried to drive off. Cops wasted no time with the cuff and stuff. Happened directly across the street. I like how my neighbor is nonchalantly taking his garbage can back.
    308b19v.jpg

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    Wife sent me this about an hour ago. Apparently guy was drunk and tried to drive off. Cops wasted no time with the cuff and stuff. Happened directly across the street. I like how my neighbor is nonchalantly taking his garbage can back.
    308b19v.jpg

Thankfully no kids were out playing. What an idiot!

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Funny thing is there used to be one on Central ave in the plaza that the Strack's is in. It closed probably 25 years ago.

d.kauf, I now know precisely where you live!!! :shady: I grew up on N. Delaware

I remember the Big R there in Central in Portage. Yeah I'll bet its been at least 25 years since it closed, maybe even 30.
    A few other INGOers know my place. If you ever stop by dont park on the street. Ask Chef Larry about that

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Hey. Anyone willing to give up an afternoon on Sunday (June 30)? I might need a ride into Illinois. It would probably take all afternoon into the early evening. I would cover costs and buy dinner. PM for details. Thanks.
    Unfortunately I will not be able to. Hopefully someone else will be available

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hey. Anyone willing to give up an afternoon on Sunday (June 30)? I might need a ride into Illinois. It would probably take all afternoon into the early evening. I would cover costs and buy dinner. PM for details. Thanks.

I'm on afternoons then, unfortunately. If it were the Monday, I'd be off. :(

Also, were you the one on Facebook that mentioned the battle of Leyte Gulf/Samovar? Was a year or more ago.
    I have the book, "Last Stand of the Tin Can Sailors" about that battle.
    You can borrow it if you want.
    It's a great story.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I can drop off my car to you early Friday morning on my way up to Chicago. I won’t need it back for a few weeks.

Just saw your other post. Sorry to hear that.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    any recommendations for someone or company to do gutter replacement? 375 linear feet for a house.
    the front side really needs it but the back side might not.
    front side got tree branch damage to it.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    What is Big R?
    I used to work at one of the original Big R stores in Portage back in the early 90's and was owned by Fleet Supply out of Kokomo until the Menards, Lowes, and Home Depot stores opened and they couldn't compete with all the big box stores. They were a family run store chain with maybe a dozen or so stores in the north part of Indiana. Almost like Fetla's with a lot of different items. The Big R stores are now run by a different company and have most of the same items.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tpvilla
    Top Bottom