Not open for further replies.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    That would be awesome! To clarify, yes I am referring to the Glen Park chapter, on Mississippi. It's right down the road from my house.
    Weekends work best for me also or after 5pm on weekdays. Either way, I'd love a tour as I was definitely considering checking it out up to this point.

Thank you everyone else for the help and info, it's much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Glen Park Izaak Walton ? Glen Park Chapter Izaak Walton League of America Inc. Conservation Club and Shooting Sports Facility
    Member too. It is a cash only operation, so you can imagine having the ability to pay with exact change is greatly appreciated. They recently finished an indoor archery range too if you are interested.

Gates are open to non-members on those Wednesday evenings and Saturday mornings for skeet shooting if you can't meet up, or don't care to join. Shooting is year round (weather permitting). If you're on FB, they update regularly as well as email.

Last edited:

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Dont make me sick the coons on you!!!
    23kvfkp.jpg
    He does have jedi's smile.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Welp.....was doing great after getting the pain under control from my surgery only to fall yesterday and basically ruin 95% of the work done. Ruptured the tendons again so I’m going back under the knife on Thursday to fix it again. Gotta love being stubborn and hard headed.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Welp.....was doing great after getting the pain under control from my surgery only to fall yesterday and basically ruin 95% of the work done. Ruptured the tendons again so I’m going back under the knife on Thursday to fix it again. Gotta love being stubborn and hard headed. 

What the hell dude?

At least I "almost" fell today. I leaned over to hug my mom, who was sitting down, and I almost clobbered her.
    But it was ALMOST.

Gonna have to tie GOW down keep him from hurting himself.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Welp.....was doing great after getting the pain under control from my surgery only to fall yesterday and basically ruin 95% of the work done. Ruptured the tendons again so I’m going back under the knife on Thursday to fix it again. Gotta love being stubborn and hard headed. 
    What part of take it easy and heal didn't you do? Need to get a couple of rolls of duct tape and bubble wrap to cover yourself in.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Welp.....was doing great after getting the pain under control from my surgery only to fall yesterday and basically ruin 95% of the work done. Ruptured the tendons again so I’m going back under the knife on Thursday to fix it again. Gotta love being stubborn and hard headed.

Yikes! That’s not good! Take it easy during recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yzerman19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2017
    NWI
    Morning all.

So I'm really close to pulling the trigger () on a Remington 783 in .270 as my first hunting rifle. Any suggestions on this?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Morning all.

So I'm really close to pulling the trigger () on a Remington 783 in .270 as my first hunting rifle. Any suggestions on this?

I have one in 308. Its a good shooter for a cheap rifle.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Morning all.

What are you hunting with a .270 and where are you planning to hunt with it?

Check the rifle hunting laws in the various states where you plan to hunt before buying a rifle/caliber that may not be legal to use in the intended jurisdiction in which you plan to hunt.

Yzerman19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2017
    NWI
    What are you hunting with a .270 and where are you planning to hunt with it?

Check the rifle hunting laws in the various states where you plan to hunt before buying a rifle/caliber that may not be legal to use in the intended jurisdiction in which you plan to hunt.
    Good point, thanks!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Do not buy a .270, I repeat DO NOT BUY A .270!

You cannot hunt with it in Indiana. You cannot resell it in Indiana. I bought the prettiest scoped .270 for $400 and then found out I couldn't hunt with it in Indiana. I tried to sell it for a couple of years and finally sold it to the same LGS for $200.

However, if you do buy one, I have 200 rounds of several loads that I intended to test to see what it liked, all premium. I paid an average of $22 a box, but will sell any for $11 a box or all for $100.

I take back everything I said about not buying a .270 if you intend to use it out of state.

Yzerman19

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2017
    NWI
    Do not buy a .270, I repeat DO NOT BUY A .270!

You cannot hunt with it in Indiana. You cannot resell it in Indiana. I bought the prettiest scoped .270 for $400 and then found out I couldn't hunt with it in Indiana. I tried to sell it for a couple of years and finally sold it to the same LGS for $200.

However, if you do buy one, I have 200 rounds of several loads that I intended to test to see what it liked, all premium. I paid an average of $22 a box, but will sell any for $11 a box or all for $100.

I take back everything I said about not buying a .270 if you intend to use it out of state.

Damn, that really sucks to hear as I really had my sights set on a .270

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It is a fabulous round, but for some reason the State specifically carved it out. They sell them everywhere to unsuspecting noobs like me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom