Not open for further replies.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    SadClown, thanks for being a volunteer fireman.

And how would you feel though, if that was your job, averaged 60 hours, peaked 80 to 90 hours a week.
    Then you had 27 years, and the fire department decided that they were going to bump your pay a percent, but cause your benefits to go up so much that you'd lose money. And if you left, you'd be donating the 27 years of contributions into the retirement fund?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    SadClown, thanks for being a volunteer fireman.

And how would you feel though, if that was your job, averaged 60 hours, peaked 80 to 90 hours a week.
    Then you had 27 years, and the fire department decided that they were going to bump your pay a percent, but cause your benefits to go up so much that you'd lose money. And if you left, you'd be donating the 27 years of contributions into the retirement fund?

Hours worked are irreverent. If you don't like the hours worked, you can leave. I have weeks like that now, I like the pay better than the alternative, so I don't *****. Also I am under the impression that you are compensated for those hours, and have the freedom to decide to not worth those hours whenever you want.

27 years is irreverent. They compensated you, weekly, biweekly, or monthly for each of those years and you agreed to it. You are owed nothing beyond.

If the benefits no longer worked out in your overall favor, you are welcome to deny benefits. It is no longer penalized for refusing benefits. Then instead of using the benefits, save the extra money and just pay out of your own pocket when you need something. Benefits are not a right, since they are not a right they are not guaranteed outside of contract. If loosing those contributions is not worth you staying, then find a better job elsewhere. If they are worth you staying, then why are you complaining about something that is worth it?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You forgot the sentence right after that...

Bring in another work...
    They are doing that. Management and scabs run the equipment.

Of course, before we came up with all the exotic metals we now cast, they had a high rejection rate and risked losing contracts with buyers.
    With the new exotics, not only will their rate of failure escalate, but the new metals can actually trash the building I work in. hundreds of millions of dollars of damage.
    One of the reasons why some building are shut down properly.
    Management figures out which buildings they can't run, and we shut them down.
    They run the ones they think they can run.

We don't just walk away.
    If shut down or run improperly, there is no building to return to.

Then management, workers, and investors/stockholders lose.

Of course, of that 2 billion, maybe they could unclench a bit, and save their investment in the building.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Hours worked are irreverent. If you don't like the hours worked, you can leave. I have weeks like that now, I like the pay better than the alternative, so I don't *****. Also I am under the impression that you are compensated for those hours, and have the freedom to decide to not worth those hours whenever you want.

27 years is irreverent. They compensated you, weekly, biweekly, or monthly for each of those years and you agreed to it. You are owed nothing beyond.

If the benefits no longer worked out in your overall favor, you are welcome to deny benefits. It is no longer penalized for refusing benefits. Then instead of using the benefits, save the extra money and just pay out of your own pocket when you need something. Benefits are not a right, since they are not a right they are not guaranteed outside of contract. If loosing those contributions is not worth you staying, then find a better job elsewhere. If they are worth you staying, then why are you complaining about something that is worth it?

Part of the compensation, was the benefits.
    Part of the compensation was deferring money now, for money later.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Well, I think I've stated, and not going to change my mind.
    And sadclown has stated, and I'm sure he's not going to change his mind.

How about if we stop ruining the thread for the other NWI guys/girls.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Skipped the last couple of pages.

Hope you are feeling better Act.

Hope the meds work for you Snap.

Hope you get your 16 slog and get your dream 17 Clown.

Praise the lord for the cooler weather.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom